Aerosmith (Official Thread)

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Re: The Official Aerosmith Thread

from blabbermouth.com

AEROSMITH Guitarist: We Owe It To Ourselves And To The Fans To Make A Great Record - May 14, 2010
AEROSMITH guitarist Joe Perry has exclusively revealed to Dave Ling of U.K.'s Classic Rock magazine that the group's reconnection with singer Steven Tyler has renewed its hunger to succeed.

"We had no idea what was going on or what we could do," admitted Perry, "but all it took to get things back on track was a simple conversation between Steven and I. We are rehearsing for the European tour [which includes a date headlining the Download Festival on June 13] and the atmosphere in the room is just incredible. Everyone in the band is at the top of their game, including Steven, whose singing is awesome. He also looks great."

Perry also told Classic Rock that he hopes that this sense of synchronicity will be reflected when AEROSMITH return to the studio for its first album of original material since 2001's "Just Push Play".

"If you want to make God laugh then tell him your plans — he's certainly laughed enough at AEROSMITH," Perry explained. "We owe it to ourselves first and foremost to make a great record, and we owe it to the fans, too. We could tour for the rest of our career without bothering to try and release new music. Now that we're all on the same page, and without the medical issues that held us up, we'll give ourselves plenty of time and do things the way we used to, which is how our best work was done."

Read more from Classic Rock magazine.

Reaction score

I'll buy it... I wasn't impressed by just push play, but it's listenable, and I have their blues cover CD, which is hit and miss... Can't be too, too, too terribly awful.. it is Aerosmith and they sure sounded good live last summer:D

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I find that there is at the very least a couple songs on just about every Aerosmith record that I love so I'd really look forward to this.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I agree with you. I only like one song after Permanent Vacation and I find every other song to be waterdowned pap for old ladies.

I wouldn't go as far as to label their music after Permanent Vacation "pap for old ladies"

Pump had:

Love in an Elevator
Janies Got a Gun
The Other Side
Monkey on my Back
What it Takes

Get a Grip was also loaded with gems:

Eat the Rich
Livin' on the Edge
Cryin'
Crazy
Amazing

Reaction score

during the 80s they seemed to wash out a bit, but I don't think Aerosmith will ever be making tunes for old ladies:heheh:
They have always and will always have some offensive edge to them...:hb:

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

from blabbermouth:

AEROSMITH: North American Tour Dates Announced - May 28, 2010
Boston hard rock legends AEROSMITH have announced the following North American tour dates:

Jul. 23 - Oakland, CA @ Oracle Arena
Jul. 26 - Paso Robles, CA @ California Mid-State Fair
Jul. 29 - Irvine, CA @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
Jul. 31 - Las Vegas, NV @ MGM Grand Garden Arena
Aug. 03 - Dallas, TX @ Superpages.com Amphitheatre
Aug. 05 - Woodlands, TX @ Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
Aug. 07 - Tampa, FL @ Ford Amphitheatre
Aug. 09 - Fort Lauderdale, FL @ BankAtlantic Center
Aug. 12 - Wantagh, NY @ Nikon at Jones Beach Theater
Aug. 14 - Boston, MA @ Fenway Park
Aug. 17 - Toronto, ONT @ Air Canada Centre
Aug. 19 - Omaha, NE @ Qwest Center
Aug. 22 - Tinley Park, IL @ First Midwest Bank Amphitheater
Aug. 24 - Holmdel, NJ @ PNJ Bank Arts Center
Aug. 26 - Syracuse, NY @ New York State Fair
Aug. 28 - Atlantic City, NJ @ Boardwalk Hall
Aug. 31 - Detroit, MI @ The Palace at Auburn Hills
Sep. 02 - Cincinnati, OH @ Riverbend Music Center
Sep. 04 - Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun Arena

For more information, go to this location.

AEROSMITH guitarist Joe Perry told the U.K.'s Classic Rock magazine that the veteran band is fired up again after nearly imploding late last year. The group nearly fell apart in the fall of 2009 after singer Steven Tyler's stage injury at a show last August led to a tour cancellation, accusations that he had fallen off the wagon, and finally threats by both sides to carry on without the other. A "summit meeting" this past February apparently healed the rift, with Perry saying, "All it took to get things back on track was a simple conversation between Steven and I."

Perry revealed, "The atmosphere in the [rehearsal] room is just incredible. Everyone in the band is at the top of their game, including Steven, whose singing is awesome. He also looks great."

Tyler completed a 90-day stint in rehab before rejoining his bandmates, to fight an addiction to painkillers brought on by several painful foot surgeries.

Perry added that he hoped the band's newfound energy would finally find its way onto a new studio album, saying, "We owe it to ourselves first and foremost to make a great record, and we owe it to the fans, too . . . Now that we're all on the same page, and without the medical issues that held us up, we'll give ourselves plenty of time and do things the way we used to, which is how our best work was done."

AEROSMITH's last full set of all-new material, "Just Push Play", came out in 2001.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score

I used to enjoy playing lesser known Aerosmith tunes from albums such as Rock in a Hard Place and Done With Mirrors on the radio. A bunch of good tunes on both of these babies.

My favorite song from them over the past 15-20 years would probably be Don't Get Mad Get Even or Living on the Edge.

Last edited:

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

They were at download the other week and they were fantastic, Tyler does know how to sing and front a band, the guitar work was out of this world from Perry and co and they finished the festival off in style, I am so glad I was there, they have never lost it!!

Kink Floyd

Reaction score

was listening to Toys in the Attic a couple of weeks ago while enjoying porks and bean. Incredibly tight and perfect Rock album.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

funny, now thanks to Tomcat, Zombeels, and Kink Floyd, I will forever associate the modern Aerosmith with orange soda, pappy old ladies, and pork & beans...

I think there could be an Aerosmith song in there somewhere

:heheh:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online