Aerosmith (Official Thread)

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
Re: The Official Aerosmith Thread

I wouldn't go as far as to label their music after Permanent Vacation "pap for old ladies"

Pump had:

Love in an Elevator
Janies Got a Gun
The Other Side
Monkey on my Back
What it Takes

Get a Grip was also loaded with gems:

Eat the Rich
Livin' on the Edge
Cryin'
Crazy
Amazing

Watered down indeed! Not one good riff on any of those tunes. IMO, these songs are just beyond horrible.

I don't know if it's Perry that sucks more, or Tyler? Joe seems to have totally have forgotten how to rock. Personally, I think Tom Jones would be very good for the band. Tyler is such a sell out.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Yes, I know you hate most of Aerosmith's career Tomcat, but I for one like it quite a bit throughout almost the entire thing (I didn't much care for "Rock in a Hard Place" and have never listened to "Done With Mirrors").

"Nine Lives" is an album that I really enjoy. Just thought I'd bring that up since I don't usually hear the best of things about it.

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score

I agree with you. I only like one song after Permanent Vacation and I find every other song to be waterdowned pap for old ladies.

I'll repost, I erased my otrher one some how.

I was saying, reading this made me shoot orange pop out of my nostrils. That was funny as hell. Great description. I feel that the slide began after Rocks. They had like 4 good songs after Rocks: Lightning Strikes, Kings and Queens, Draw the Line, and Walking in the Sand.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Tom Jones...:heheh:

Tomcat you are funny. What do you think of Perry's last solo album "Have Guitar, Will Travel"?

I personally thought he did a good job, much better than his efforts on the last couple Aerosmith albums, anyway. The only problem I have with his project album is the song lengths, they are a bit excessive and lose my interest. But his guitar work is in there, riffs and licks like the old days.

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score

I've never heard it. I've soooo given up on that band. I listened to your post though; the guitar sounds better than the Aerosmith stuff, but he could definitely use Tom Jones on vocals. But back to the guitar, it still lacks that attitude, and bite. They ought to boot out Perry and see what happens...But that will never happen, Tyler has such a man crush on Perry it nauseates me.

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score

Aerosmith tried an album and a half without Joe Perry.

Yeah, and they came up with their most rocking tune since the early days, Lightning Strikes. Now THAT, is a bad (as in excellent) tune. Maybe Brad Whitford should be getting a lot more credit. Usually, the two guitarists, get dual respect: like in Judas Priest and Maiden...The two guitarists are kind of inseparable. But in Aerosmith, it's all about Perry. Like I said, Tyler has a huge man crush on Perry, so that must be the deal.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I've never heard it. I've soooo given up on that band. I listened to your post though; the guitar sounds better than the Aerosmith stuff, but he could definitely use Tom Jones on vocals. But back to the guitar, it still lacks that attitude, and bite. They ought to boot out Perry and see what happens...But that will never happen, Tyler has such a man crush on Perry it nauseates me.

Ahhh, the toxic twins. Actually they are very good friends and have other business endeavors together as well. Tyler/Perry can't be all that bad, Tomcat, Uncle Ted likes them enough to have them over at his home and go shootin' with them. :)

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

from blabbermouth

STEVEN TYLER Says He Will Be A Judge On 'American Idol' - Aug. 2, 2010
AEROSMITH frontman Steven Tyler has confirmed rumors that he will join singer/actress Jennifer Lopez and remaining "American Idol" judge Randy Jackson for this season's panel following his band's Las Vegas performance on Saturday.

Speaking briefly before entering a concert afterparty at Studio 54, Tyler said his future plans include recording "a new album and [I'm] probably going to be a judge on 'American Idol'. I'm doing it! What do you think?"

(You can watch/hear Tyler make the "American Idol" comment in the video clip below around the 1:15 mark.)

According to The Pulse of Radio, Deadline Hollywood first mentioned Tyler's name as a possible "American Idol" judge following the abrupt departure last week of Ellen DeGeneres after just one season. Show mastermind Simon Cowell is also leaving, and reports have also surfaced that two-year judge Kara DioGuardi is also on the way out. Deadline also reported that Jennifer Lopez was close to closing a deal to fill one of the vacant seats, with Tyler perhaps up for the other.

AEROSMITH is the midst of a U.S. tour that brings the band to Dallas on Tuesday night (August 3).

The band's tour comes after a tumultuous year in which Tyler threatened to leave the group and start a solo career, while the rest of the group considered getting a new singer. Tyler ultimately checked into rehab and smoothed his differences with the rest of AEROSMITH after the unusually public feud.

It's not clear how a stint on "American Idol" would delay further AEROSMITH touring or a long-awaited new album.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online