ZZ Top (Official Thread)

rtbuck

Reaction score
Re: That Little Ole Band From Texas~ZZ TOP

I love ZZ Top. Billy Gibbons is one of my guitar fetishes :D He is one really cool guy and always wears tha funky dreadlock looking hat.

My all time favorite album:

ZZ_Top_-_Deg%C3%BCello.jpg

ZZ Top with Willie Nelson *this song is from Degüello*

My favorite also!!!!! I seen them on the Deguello tour & the Eliminator tour & both shows were great. I love Manic Mechanic & seeing it performed live was cool as hell they had these flower shaped spotlights of different colors hitting the stage & rotating to the music. There's not a weak track anywhere on this album. I relly love "Hi Fi Mama" in fact I'm cranking that tune right now!!!!!!!

Rocker440

Reaction score

One of the best, if not the best band from Texas, imo! Extremely talented, skilled and amazing trio! I am also a long time fan, with the First album being my introduction to them as well! I really enjoy all of their music. Whether slow blues, up tempo, straight rock n roll or the more commercialized material of the 1980's, it's all good to me! :grinthumb

It would near impossible for me to pick one album as either the best or as my favorite! The First album, Tres Hombres, Fandango are all fantastic as well as essentials, imo!

ZZ Top has been writing, touring and rocking folks all over the world for close to 40 years now and I hope they continue for many more tours as well as years to come, too!

Thumper

When they did "Mellow Down Easy" that took the cake.. Billy and Dusty seeing who could sing Mellow Down easy the longest on one breath.

Thump, have you noticed the "guy" towards the middle of that song who yells "aaaaaaahhhhh"? That always caught my attention, as well as makes me chuckle. The band and the record company most certainly noticed that in the studio, but they left it on the final cut! :)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

When people talk about ZZ Top, they usually talk about their late 70's and early 80's music, which I have to admitt is the bestest........

but thier early stuff is some of the best rockin' blues and to listen to "raw" ZZ, is awesome.

ZZ_Top_-_ZZ_Top%27s_First_Album.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

Thump, have you noticed the "guy" towards the middle of that song who yells "aaaaaaahhhhh"? That always caught my attention, as well as makes me chuckle. The band and the record company most certainly noticed that in the studio, but they left it on the final cut! :)

I'll have to give it a spin Rocker.. I spend most of my time on the studio side listening to Nasty Dogs and Funky Kings.. Love that song.. But I'll check it out today..:cheers:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

What a band, they make great records and are a stonking live act, they stole the show at Download last year Brahming stuff...

R1O2C3K4

Reaction score
ZZ Top

Found some great pics from a recent show they did..

made me wanna listen to La Grange

Last edited by a moderator:

spudnuto

Reaction score

Saw them about 2 yrs. ago in a fairly small renovated theatre...really cool...lots of grey beards in the audience.

Picked up the Moving Sidewalks' CD FLASH a while back...Billy's 60s band. Very psychedelic...includes "The 99th Floor".

Billy's book, Rock & Roll Gearhead is a good one. Big coffee table...pics galore.

Some guy made a documentary about Billy. Don't think it has ever been released. Now THAT would be interesting. Imagine having the life of Billy F. Gibbons. Most guys dream of such a thing.

Halloween season comin' up...good time to whip out "Vincent Price Blues" off of Rhythmeen...one of their best!

Last edited:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Billy Gibbons had a band in the late 60's called The Moving Sidewalks. This band produced a chart topping single "99th Floor" and one full length album called "Flash" in 1968. Their sound was psychedelic which is a far cry from the blues-rock that Billy Gibbons became famous for.

moving%20sidewalks.jpg

Moving-Sidewalks-Flash-496077.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AugustaLhk

Members online