ZZ Top (Official Thread)

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I like their seventies albums, particularly Tres Hombres, which does not have a weak track. The eighties material, with synthesizers, seemed as if it came from a different band. I believe there was a connection between Z.Z. Top and Roky Erikson of Two-Headed Dog fame.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That was the MTV era,,,seems funny now that those video/music channels have more reality shows than music these days. Anyway I liked Eliminator, not as much as their 70's albums but it was still fun.

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score

I have been a fan of their Texas style Rock`n Blues every since I bought copy of "First Album" from Honest John`s Records and tapes In Tulsa in 1972! I owe my love of The Blues to ZZ Top!

My favorite ZZ Top albums are, First Album, Rio Grande Mud, Tres Hombres and Degüello.

From my understanding, Rick Rubin is producing their next album and I think they are going back to their earlier sound.....hopefully so!

Billy Gibbons, Dusty Hill, and Frank Beard performing outside of Atlanta, Georgia on September 1971.

Released: January 16, 1971

Billy Gibbons – Guitar and Vocals
Dusty Hill – Bass, Keyboards and Vocals
Frank Beard – Drums

Produced by Bill Ham

1. "(Somebody Else Been) Shakin' Your Tree" (Billy Gibbons) – 2:32
2. "Brown Sugar" (Gibbons) – 5:22
3. "Squank" (Gibbons, Dusty Hill, Bill Ham) – 2:46
4. "Goin' Down to Mexico" (Gibbons, Hill, Ham) – 3:26
5. "Old Man" (Gibbons, Hill, Frank Beard) – 3:23
6. "Neighbor, Neighbor" (Gibbons) – 2:18
7. "Certified Blues" (Gibbons, Beard, Ham) – 3:25
8. "Bedroom Thang" (Gibbons) – 4:37
9. "Just Got Back from Baby's" (Gibbons, Ham) – 4:07
10. "Backdoor Love Affair" (Gibbons, Ham) – 3:20

ZZ Top @ Home

MP edit: Videos removed from youtube

Last edited by a moderator:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Fixed one of the videos on the OP. Anyway I like the Afterburner album I recently acquired. Sounds a bit commercial compared to some other older material but I do like it.
Stages is a song I love.

Tek_54

Spanish Rocker Girl
Reaction score
I like a lot of songs, Legs, La Grange....

But Everytime I listen Bad to the bones I remember these rainy afternoons paying whith dolls and toy cars between we see Terminator....

it's one of the musics of my chilhood

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I have purchased that new EP and will be listening to it shortly, can't wait for the new album especially as it's being produced by Rick Rubin who is a legend IMO:)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
New album is fantastic. Got plenty of old bluesy hooks I heard of their really old material.
Big Shiny Nine an example of it. Great song.

Chartreuse another great one.

Finally this and Rush new albums are the two rock albums I enjoyed right off the bat in 2012.

Scotty Baboon

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about this photo? Yes, the band's name is misspelled. The picture is said to be takened at at Little Cypress-Mauriceville High School in Orange, Texas in May 1971. I have also read that it is from 1969 and that means Dusty Hill wouldn't be in the photo. I'm assuming that the photo is of Billy F. Gibbons, Frank Beard and ??????????
o-ZZ-TOP-PROM-570.jpg

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Staff online

Members online