Zone Six / Vespero Space rock

space_ritual

Reaction score
Hi people!

A split CD has just been released with Zone Six from Germany (members from Sula Bassana, The Pancakes, Electric Moon) and Russian space rock act Vespero.

I think this sounds really sweet and wanted to tell you all about it and get you opinion(found a promo sample on YouTube for you).
I wonder if you have any suggestions for a person that's new in the space rock world (I'm a big fan of early Hawkwind, that's what I know about it..)..:)

Thanks!

/ space_ritual

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
It sounded good to me.

Space rock that I like is:

Hawkwind
Gong
Steve Hillage
Khan
Pink Floyd
Ozric Tentacles
Hydria Spacefolk

space_ritual

Reaction score
Will definetely check out Ozric Tentacles and Hydria Spacefolk, never heard of those before..

Thanks!

space_ritual

Reaction score
Zone Six / Vespero - "The SPLIT Thing"

Label: Transubstans Records
Release date: 2012-04-18

"The SPLIT Thing" is a CD / LP released by Transubstans Records.
This label has mostly released stoner rock, psych but are now also focusing a bit on space rock.

This album features Zone Six from Germany and Vespero from Russia, and is a great introduction for anyone who hasn't heard of the world of instrumental rock.

------------------

The three Vespero songs on the splits are very playful and dreamy, yet very tight and thick sound scape. With help from the rhytm section and some cool analogue synthesizers, the atmosphere almost becomes cinematic (which is an element that is very appealing to me). Russia is a surprising country, full of musical history that is not known by many, but I dare to say that amongst the newer instrumental bands from this part of the world, Vespero is a grain of gold.

-------------------

Zone Six's part of the CD features a 24 minute song with such a captivating title as "Babapapatantramanta"(!) This track is almost meditative, since a lot of the patterns are repetitive and the guitar sounds are quite hypnotizing.
I listened to this track with head phones in a dark room, which turned out to be a really cool experience; since I entered the same transcendental realm that I always do when I listen the Hawkwind's "Masters Of The Universe".

To sum it up; a very recommended split with lots of different musical / emotional directions that will absolutely fit into your record collection!

cover300x300.jpg

/ space_ritual

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Staff online

Members online