Your latest Concert DVD/Blu-ray Purchases?

E-Z

Reaction score
THIN LIZZY-ONE NIGHT IN DUBLIN from 2005 a tribute to PHIL LYNOTT on what would have been his 56th birthday and featuring ex band members-

GARY MOORE, SCOTT GORHAM, BRIAN ROBERTSON, ERIC BELL & BRIAN DOWNEY although no SNOWY WHITE or JOHN SYKES.

The individual band members interviews as a bonus feature are fairly interesting to hear that feature Gary Moore, Scott Gorham & Brian 'Robbo' Robertson.

One of the interviews that Scott Gorham gives was a fairly amusing little story when Scott said-

"Phil was a great salesman he could sell anything to anyone anyway by 1982 I was so f**ked up on drugs that I couldn't carry on in the band anymore so I decided to go and see Phil to tell him that I was leaving Thin Lizzy and Phil told me that I couldn't just quit the band like that because the band had one more album to record (the Thunder And Lightning album) and a 'Farewell tour' to undertake as well so I couldn't just leave the band so I ended up agreeing to do both a new album and a farewell tour and after leaving Phil I said to myself f**king hell I've just agreed to record another f**king album and do a farewell tour and I just went to see Phil with the intention of quitting the band!!."

Last edited:

E-Z

Reaction score
I re-watched a GOLDEN EARRING gig at the Rockpalast from Germany in 1982 and the thought occurred to me that those 4 guys could blow LED ZEPPELIN off the stage every night without breaking sweat!!.

"As for RADAR LOVE I want that number played at my funeral."

E-Z

Bigdawg62

Reaction score
Watching hendrix at Berkeley. Blu Ray.
Simply astounding.
His evolution to acid guitar jamming was evident here. More so at his incredible IOW show
Hendrix live is a good as it gets. Hendrix studio albums are poor by comparison
The only bad parts of the hendrix gigs are when je pretends to play with his teeth. In reality he's playing the solo on the neck. Hendrix was so good he could play solos left and right handed. And right handed he played them on the neck. This he learnt from the Ilsley brothers.
Hendrix iw simply without compare. The quality of a guitarist in his ability to improvise.
Few guitarist have ever been able to improvise. Hendrix could do it without thinking. That's why he's the greatest by a mile
Hendrix was about to record with miles Davis but he died
Miles would have taken jimi to places that he could never have imagined. Miles is the greatest innovator of all time and teamed with someone like jimi the possibilities were limitless.
We were robbed

Last edited:
Reactions: E-Z

E-Z

Reaction score
Jimi went through many different phases in his 4 years at the top from late 1966 until September 18th 1970 and his untimely death at 27 years old.

The 'Cry of Love' band as it is referred to these days featuring Mitch Mitchell on drums and Billy Cox on bass is one of my favourite eras of Jimi's short career starting in the spring of 1970 and ending in a rain drenched muddy field on the Isle of Fehmarn in West Germany in early September of 1970 and in between Jimi and his band playing the last of the US concerts starting in May through to July and also playing the Rainbow Bridge/Maui concert in Hawaii and also playing the Isle of Wight festival off the south coast of England followed by a short European tour ending with the Isle of Fehmarn 'Peace and Love festival' in West Germany in early September after which Jimi returned to London and ten days later he died in the Notting Hill area of west London on September 18th 1970.

I have often wondered what if Jimi had lived for one more year and had died in September 1971?. For sure he would have completed the follow up album to the double Electric Ladyland album released in late 1968 with the album quite possibly being a double-album in length and I have read as well it may have even have been a triple-album(?) and given the title The First Rays Of The New Rising Sun and either released in late 1970 or early 1971 with probably another north American tour and another European tour lined up during 1971 as well. Also it goes without saying that there would have been many more recordings that were made at Electric Lady studios in New York (Jimi's own studio) with a lot of them being completed to Jimi's satisfaction and many more left in a unfinished state overall to swell his back catalogue of songs. Also shortly before Jimi died Jimi had made approaches to Chas Chandler Jimi's original British manager who signed Jimi and brought him over to England from New York in September of 1966 to come back and manage him again so with Chas managing Jimi once more and also being back in the producer's chair in the studio it would have been interesting to see what Jimi would have came out with on records?.

I have many books on Jimi and one in particular that I bought around 20 years ago was one of two hard back books that covered every Jimi Hendrix Experience live concert that he played. The first book dealt with the 1966-1968 period and the second book that I bought dealt with the 1969-1970 period and contains a full run down of the 'set lists' and the concert review(s) plus any photographs taken at the actual concert.

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online