Your Five Most Influential c.d.s (Share Why, Stories, etc.)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
So, I wanted to post in here, but wasn't exactly certain what to write. Could I post 5 albums that serve some special significance with me? And tell a story of that significance? Forgive me, i'm a bit off this evening.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
So, I wanted to post in here, but wasn't exactly certain what to write. Could I post 5 albums that serve some special significance with me? And tell a story of that significance? Forgive me, i'm a bit off this evening.

Yep, that's what the thread is about dude! Explain away! :grinthumb

Oh, and the Siamese Dream engineer posted in here so once again :woho:

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Yep, that's what the thread is about dude! Explain away! :grinthumb

You will be getting some deep shit from me, that's for sure. I have a lot of albums that have helped me through a lot. So, i'll try to get that posted this evening. If not this evening, definitely tomorrow.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
So, bare with me, as I am not the best at describing life stories, but i'll do my best. I'll get two out of the way, and will continue this when I can think of more.

Number 1:
Thrice - Vheissu

thrice-vheissu.jpg
This album, is probably the most significant album that has been a huge part of my life since I was younger. It got me through the tough years of high school, with all the criticism and negative energy that I had to put up with. One song in particular hits me in the heart every single time I hear it. That is "Of Dust and Nations". I don't know what it is about the song, but the sound of it just makes me want to crawl into bed and forget about the world. I've learned that song in and out. I've even played some of it on the guitar (mediocre I may add), but it's really been the number one album I go to when I need something to just...listen to, to just let me feelings out.

Number 2:
Sigur Ros - Takk...
Sigur-Ros.jpg

This album is very close to my heart, and has been close to my heart ever since I discovered the post-rock genre. Jonsi is such a phenomenal vocalist and it's very hard to not enjoy every minute of it (if you like the vocals that is). This album has taken a huge place in my heart because it's gotten me through relationships that were either fake, or didn't have much or any meaning to them. I remember hearing "Saeglopur" on a friend of mine's myspace, and I was instantly hooked. As soon as I listened to the whole album, it became an album that I would listen to if I wanted to put the scenario in my head that I was all alone and there was nobody there that could help. I know it's bad to think about those things at times, but the emotion in this album makes it impossible not to.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Number 3:

Iron_Maiden_-_A_Matter_Of_Life_And_Death.jpg
Matter of Life and Death
I remember listening to this album a couple summers ago. It really made my summer so much better because I had met a friend (who lives in England now :( ), and him and I used to just sit in his room, or in mine, and just jam out to the whole album countless times. We didn't know any of the words at the time, but I have countless memories with that album.

Number 4:
41afeDOaixL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Black Clouds & Silver Linings
There isn't a whole lot I really WANT to say with this album, other than the fact that it has gotten me through a lot. Especially with The Count of Tuscany. I still need to really figure out the deep meaning of that song, but it's very beautiful, and has a special place in my heart, always.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Number 4:
41afeDOaixL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Black Clouds & Silver Linings
There isn't a whole lot I really WANT to say with this album, other than the fact that it has gotten me through a lot. Especially with The Count of Tuscany. I still need to really figure out the deep meaning of that song, but it's very beautiful, and has a special place in my heart, always.

"The Count of Tuscany" was written by John Petrucci and tells the story of the real life incident when he met the count of Tuscany.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
"The Count of Tuscany" was written by John Petrucci and tells the story of the real life incident when he met the count of Tuscany.

Thank you muchly. I knew it was something deep, I just haven't had the time to do the research.

rockit

Reaction score
Then all I can do is say :bow:! Seriously, I'm not going to be a cynic and say "No way!" I'm just going to believe you and say "How ****ing cool is that?" I would love to hear how that process was and as a moderator I'm taken liberties and not caring if this goes off topic! Anybody who's worked with the Pumpkins gets the floor here in my opinion! :cheers2

Thanks. You can verify by the credits....my initials JT. I was on a Q&A on Gearslutz with Butch Vig last year and it was much fun. I enjoy this site as the BS is very low.
BTW it was a really cool record to work on though extremely difficult taking 4 months to track and they spent another 5 weeks mixing. Obviously before Pro Tools and etc.
JT

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Thanks. You can verify by the credits....my initials JT. I was on a Q&A on Gearslutz with Butch Vig last year and it was much fun. I enjoy this site as the BS is very low.
BTW it was a really cool record to work on though extremely difficult taking 4 months to track and they spent another 5 weeks mixing. Obviously before Pro Tools and etc.
JT

Actually I did the second I saw your initials and I found the Gearslutz interview coincidentally. I hope you stay around the forum and bless us with your experience and knowledge! :cheers2

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online