Your Five Most Influential c.d.s (Share Why, Stories, etc.)

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Five wow wee

these 5 albums could change daily but mostly!
5. Iron Maiden (Piece Of Mind)
It was the complete package the embodiment of artwork Eddie in a padded cell the songs are driven home at an 100 mph the pusle of Nicko drumming the biblical quote sheer delight.
2. The Beatles (Sgt Peppers)
this album imho is a concept album now matter what my mood is it sends shivers through out my body the sing-a-long songs This masterpiece of sheer delightful genius as a positive experience for me through the magnificent darkest moments of my life.
4. Classical Composers
this could quite possibly be the coolest thing I've ever heard highest highs through out the items of painful experiences in life
3. Anthrax
couldn't just choose a album there all special memories highs lows and the in between parts
1. Led Zeppelin (first six albums)
Awesome Awesomely Beautiful Fantastic Fabulous Genius

LordJohn

Reaction score
5. Revolver- The Beatles- I've been at least a casual fan all my life, I always liked their big hits. But this was the first of their actual records I actually sat down and listened to from beginning to end as a teenager. It turned me into the huge fan that I am today and I subsequently went and listened to all their albums.

4. Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not- Arctic Monkeys- The first new rock album that I got really excited about, which had an impact in and of itself. But a lot of the impact it had on me was getting me to listen to the garage bands that influenced them, which now constitutes some of my favorite music.

3. Never Mind the Bollocks- The Sex Pistols- The first real punk record I ever listened to. I still remember how startled I was by Bodies the first time heard it. I came from a pretty strict religious background, so the shock value had more of an effect on me than on most contemporary listeners. Got me way into the first wave of punk rock and for my money John Lydon is still the coolest rock star of all time.

(tie) 1/2. The Bends and Ok Computer- Radiohead- The first real rock albums I ever listened to when I was 15. They got me into serious music and albums as an art form for the first time. They really are cases of albums "changing my life"; I have no idea what I'd be like today if I hadn't heard them.

OldHippie

Resident Yooper
Reaction score
Wow, tough question. In no particular order.

1. Beatles-A Hard Days Night. I was 10, my dad was a polka freak, this was the Anti-Polka Album.
2. Jimi Hendrix- Electric Lady Land. Um, feedback, wild guitar licks, Crosstown Traffic. Need I say more.
3. Grand Funk Railroad- The Red Album. It just clicked with me. No explanation. I just loved and still do love that album.
4. CRosby Stills and Nash- Deja Vu. Listen to that harmony. A magical album.
5. Black Sabbath-Black Sabbath. The single most song on this album slapped up alongside the head and I've never been right since. NIB.

Honorable Mention. Greta VanFleet. They have restored my faith in the perpetuation of hard driving, guitar rock.

AndrewDeC

Reaction score
My top 5 are mostly during my teenage years as music became a great companion. About 40 years later they are still on high rotation.

Not Fragile - BTO. Just love the title track as it kicks in.
Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd. First album I ever bought. And only because of the cover. I wasn't to know at the time just how huge this would become.
Let There Be Rock - AC/DC. Take a listen to the opener 'Go Down'. Rock.
Sheer Heart Attack - Queen. First time I realized drummers could sing. Roger Taylor's songs stood out on this album. He was immense.
Excitable Boy - Warren Zevon. So many classics. Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner. That song took a hammering.

dearprudence

Reaction score
meet the BEatles
GOT ME INTO ROCK MUSIC

JEFF BECK BLOW BY BLOW
GOT ME INTO GUITAR

FRANK ZAPPA

caNT DO THAT ON STAGE NO MORE
got me more into guitar

Porch Monkey

Reaction score
I've made three attempts at answering this which I wasn't happy with :confused:

So all I'm gonna say is:

Thin Lizzy, Live and Dangerous. First heard it in '79, and this is where my love of rock seriously began.

Stevie Ray Vaughan, Couldn't Stand The Weather. I was into blues before this, but I got much more serious about both listening to, and learning to play it after I first heard this album.

Most other stuff I listen to pretty much stems from these two, with a few comparatively minor detours along the road.

Porch Monkey

Reaction score
Actually, it has just occurred to me that it wasn't so much Couldn't Stand The Weather that had the most effect on me, although that was the first SRV I heard. No, it was the video, Live at the El Mocambo that I saw later. I had never seen such a stunning performance; it completely blew me away. How could I forget?!

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
DEEP PURPLE ~ IN ROCK / BLACK SABBATH ~ PARANOID. ..
Both blew me anyway in 7th grade and turn me into a Hard Rock enthusiast..

YES ~ CLOSE TO THE EDGE ...Gave me the same enthusiasm toward Prog.

IRON MAIDEN ~ KILLERS ... Turned my attention toward the NWOBHM and the newer Metal bands in general

VENOM ~ WELCOME TO HELL / SLAYER ~ SHOW NO MERCY ....My first love of the more extreme forms of Metal. While slightly disturbed it was quite appealing to me.

MORBID ANGEL ~ COVENANT ...Got me into Death Metal by grabbing me by the balls & showing me how complex and intricate it really was and yeah still had a very melodic evil harmony hidden under the harshness.
Something I never understood about Death Metal up until that point.

rockfanatic420

Reaction score
The wall by Pink Floyd is not only my personal favorite by the band but is also on my top 5 albums of all times. the reason why are related to my own personal journey with depression and because I have autism. I really related to the main protagonist pink. it's themes of alienation, bullying, and an overprotective mother and lost father where very real to me.

I'm not too sure about others as its very hard to say because there are so many albums I love. I would add the dark side of the moon. as it was an album that showed me how a concept can be developed and told as a story perfectly in album format, being a music student I have learned a lot from that album in terms of production, post-production, and composition.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Staff online

Members online