Your first concert

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
Kiss 1977.

I wanted my first to be Alice Cooper's Billion Dollar Babies show in 1973. I begged my parents to take me but they thought 10 years old was too young for a rock concert.

Although it wasn't my first concert, my parents took me to see Alice in 1978, when I was 13. It was my first trip to Las Vegas. My dad told me I could pick any show and they would take me. As luck would have it, Alice was in town playing one of the showrooms and, of course, I picked him. My dad said no way, but my mom reminded him that they promised to take me to whatever show I chose. I had a total blast and my folks actually enjoyed it, too. His last few hits had been ballads (Only Women Bleed, I Never Cry, You and Me) so they liked those. They even recognized a few of his rock tunes. Plus, by this time, Alice's show had costumes, special effects, dancers, etc. It's one of my favorite childhood memories.

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
Metallica, 1992, Allentown Fairgrounds, Allentown, Pennsylvania

my brother said that show is talked about a lot because when they played Ride the Lightning there actually was a storm happening with lightning in the sky as they played. I really don't remember it, I was 14.

Pappy

Reaction score
Metallica, 1992, Allentown Fairgrounds, Allentown, Pennsylvania

my brother said that show is talked about a lot because when they played Ride the Lightning there actually was a storm happening with lightning in the sky as they played. I really don't remember it, I was 14.

I got super excited cause I was pretty sure they didn't play RTL during that tour. Which they didn't. But came across this newspaper review of the show and it describes the lightning show. Seems like an awesome experience

Metallica Rulz The Crowd At Allentown Fairgrounds - Morning Call

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
^^

Yeah that was it!
I was there! That's cool you found that article. Nice to see.:grinthumb

I can't remember what songs they played but I remember it was loud. I was scared my ears would never stop ringing.:gig

Rocking Jodi

Reaction score
Scorpions in the early 80's. Well I guess my first one was in the early 70's at the Evergreen State Fair with my family. It was Kenny Rogers & The First Edition. I had a crush on Terry Williams. I was guy crazy at a very early age. The Scorpions just sounded better.

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
I saw Chicago a year later too.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip