Your first concert

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
I went with my older sister to see America. I got scared though, because I smelled something burning, and I thought the place was on fire. My sister told me it was someone smoking weed. :gig:

Haha that's a funny story! :grinthumb

My first concert was an Indian band called "Parikrama" sometime in the mid to late 90s... I'm not sure exactly when but I still have the ticket stub preserved. :D I think they played all covers of bands like Pink Floyd, Led Zep, Doors etc. And maybe there were a few originals too. But anyway, the atmosphere was electric! It was at an open air theatre at the Indian Institute of Technology in Chennai, then called Madras. Tons and tons of college kids rocking out together! :headbang

My next one was I think Depeche Mode at Madison Square Garden, NYC. Great concert but seats were shitty. We were up in the 500 something level! lol.

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
The first concert I ever attended was Tina Turner at Coluseum Theater in Johannesburg in 1979. It was in a seated venue with no drinking allowed which was initially a problem, but she turned out to be such a dynamic performer that it was soon forgotten. She gave us a show that went on for about 2 1/2 hours but felt like 10 minutes. The whole experience was totally memorable and in hindsight it's not difficult to see why she became such a huge name in the 80's.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Slade .. It was December time close to Christmas in a big pub in Derbyshire "The Shoulder Of Mutton". Noddy came on dressed as Santa to do a certain track :D and passed (chucked) bottles of Brown Ale to the audience. Brilliant night, I was about 15.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Members online