Your first concert

rocknrollpestcontroll

Jammin On The Drums
Reaction score
What do you remember from the first concert you went to? Hate to admit it but I have NEVER been to a concert:uh: most of the bands I like never played anywhere near me, and when they did it was to exspensive. However I am very happy to have tickets for The Steve Miller Band on april 8th!:woot: it will be my first concert I have ever seen, and the tickets werent too bad either in price! What are your concert moments? I will be sharing mine soon:woot::D

Khor1255

Reaction score
When I was very young I saw a famous guitarist in a small local park. I think it may have been Michael Hedges but my memory of it is sketchy because I was only really into very hard rock and he was just some dude with an acoustic (I later saw him live in DC and that was brilliant). I saw lots of local bands who were friends of my brothers and sisters and some (like Fountainhead, Tempest and Ancient Astronaut) had very good original music along with the cover songs they played.
Tempest (who later went on to be Relayer then Ancient Astronaut) played Rush songs very well and that was quite the feat for a group of teenagers.

My first real show I saw was when I used my brothers drivers license to get into The Sandbar to see Talas (Billy Sheehan's first band). I think it was either later that year or the next year that I saw Rush on the Moving Pictures tour thanks to my sister.

I could have seen Kiss on their Love Gun tour if I earned the money for it myself but laziness go the best of me there.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
My first concert was at age 13 nektar 1977 at Rider College, nj. My brother was running the concert program at the college so my mom let me go with a few friends. We had front row center tickets at a small movie type theater. Loved it and have been to over 1200+ since.

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
Can't help getting the feeling I've posted this on here before, but anyway here goes - Blodwyn Pig in (I think) 1969/70. Mick Abrahams had recently split from Jethro Tull after differences with Ian Anderson, and he formed this band. It was a fantastic experience. So long ago, it's difficult to be objective, but it sure was a great night. I bought the album which they performed in full that night - 'Getting to This'. A terrific album....but surely one of the worst cover designs of all time :wa

fn5ova.jpg

Philmore

Reaction score
Kiss 1977.

I wanted my first to be Alice Cooper's Billion Dollar Babies show in 1973. I begged my parents to take me but they thought 10 years old was too young for a rock concert.

Pappy

Reaction score
Brooks and Dunn in 1993. My lasting memory was horseplaying in the yard with my brother before the show and getting out new jeans dirty and getting grounded!! I still don't agree with that call. I mean it's a country music concert. I should be grounded for having clean jeans right?

My first proper rock concert was a Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace. I'm not nor was I a fan of the band but I tagged along with some friends. But it was a decent friday night. The opening band (Hurt I believe they were called) blew them off the stage.

Following that gig I started going to proper PROPER concerts like Metallica, Priest, Maiden, etc etc

Houston

Reaction score
Fleetwood Mac, July 1977... Kenny Lggins opened. just turned 16, great show.. tickets were sold out, I went hoping to score a ticket from a scalper, as I searched, some guy came around the corner, and announced a few tickets had been released just then, at the box office window.. I raced over, ticket was $8.. general admission.. I got near the stage.. a guy offered me a J, I took it.. cute teen girl stood in front of me, crowd was thick, I kept getting pushed into her.. if you don't know what frotteurism is..

:****:

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
Rush June 18 1981 Seattle Coliseum. I was 13. Rocked my world.

2 days prior to this show was the awesome Anaheim bootleg show, this is the track list so it's safe to say these are the songs I heard:

2112: Overture/ The Temples of Syrinx 6:35
Freewill 6:04
Limelight 4:56
Hemispheres: Prelude
Beneath, Between and Behind 2:48
The Camera Eye 11:25
short jam/ YYZ (incl. Drum Solo) 9:05
Broon's Bane 1:42
The Trees 4:19
Xanadu 12:44
The Spirit of Radio 5:48
Red Barchetta 6:54