Yes (Official Thread)

gratefulfunk

Reaction score
Hey Sox,
Just listening to "The Word Is Live".
Disc 1 features excellent live versions of "Then" and "Everydays".
Two weeks ago, I went to two YES shows in Nurnberg and in Munich, Germany; Benoit David did really good job. Chris and Steve were terrific.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^^ Nice one GF I would liked to have gone along to see them on this tour as it's been years since I last saw them, maybe next time. Good to hear you enjoyed the show and I am pleased they are still up there. I will have to have a look around and check out "The Word Is Live".:cheers2

Reaction score
I'm liking the new album. I've only seen Yes once, back in the late 80s in the round. I'd love to see them again.
I also journeyed to Pontiac, Mich during that period to see Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman and Howe.

Last edited:

Khor1255

Reaction score
^^I bought "Drama" when it came out, played it two or three times and literally never bothered with it for decades afterward. But a few months ago I dug it out and listened to it again and it was alright, nothing earthshaking or on par with their best work but much better than I remembered it being.

I'd forgotten about the "Buggles" connection Joe, been a long time since I thought about them.:D
Listen to it some more. It is a very curious album since it features a more 'heavy metal' type handling of guitars and has a different singer and transparently pop sound but man this album rocks!

ROCKS!

Machine Massiah, Tempus FDugit, and even ballads like Run Through the Light are so badass it almost sounds like a different band but has that definitive Yes sound we all know and love.

Not even close to my favorite Yes album but well worth a regular rotation.

As for their new stuff, 90125 (or 120 whatever) is as far as I can get. I really tried and will try again, buty a band calling themselves Yes has some really big shoes to fill.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I have 90125 in my top five Yes albums of all time easily Khor. That one record I firmly believe is why Yes is still around today. It literally gave them new life.

Drama....it's hard for me to take 40 minutes to play that record when there are so many other Yes albums I enjoy more, that's not to say it's terrible but as I mentioned earlier in this thread it just washed over me and left no discernible impact.

I will give it a listen again one of these days though.;)

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I have to agree with Khor on this. Drama, while not being a favorite Yes album of mine,
has creep up on me over the years and is now an enjoyable listen to these ears. While 90125 ( and the rest of their 80's new wave symph pop ) leaves me bored and scratching my head about the dramatic demise of Yes' awe inspiring creativity of earlier days.

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Hey another "Tormato" fan...:grinthumb

So many people I knew back when it came out trashed it as a commercial/pop sell out by a once Massive band I never understood it. It is in my top three Yes albums as well Cyggy.:hab:

cyggy

Cygnusx1
Reaction score
^^Hey another "Tormato" fan...:grinthumb

So many people I knew back when it came out trashed it as a commercial/pop sell out by a once Massive band I never understood it. It is in my top three Yes albums as well Cyggy.:hab:

Yes LG , I read many times over the years how many "fans" dissed the album Tormato and it's one of those mysteries to me how they missed out on the wonder of it all !! :cheers2

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowiknowitsJAG

Members online

No members online now.