Yes (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I like Tormato...but if I had to pick a favorite three albums (this week)?

Going For The One
Close To The Edge
Fragile

I know Fragile seems so cliche' but it's SOOOOO good!!

:grinthumb

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
^^I have 90125 in my top five Yes albums of all time easily Khor. That one record I firmly believe is why Yes is still around today. It literally gave them new life.

A favorite of mine. In the early 90's I was listening to a lot of the older Yes albums, and when I heard this album it reaffirmed alot of the opinions I had about the band. Owner of a Lonely Heart is kind of burned out for me, but the rest of the album is refreshing. I especially like Changes, Cinema, and Leave It.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Tormato is a great album. I like the whole thing for the most part (well, not a big fan of Don't Kill the Whale but it is a minor dislike at best). On the Silent Wings of Freedom is one of my favorite songs anyone has ever done.

They are a band I'd have a very hard time picking a top three albums. I love the first album, really dig Relayer and the usual trio everyone seems to list and especially adore Going for the One. Fantastic albums. I even like (though think it could have maybe been better rendered by being a single album with condensed versions) Tales. There are parts in that one I think are as good as anything else it just does seem to overstate some themes and maybe that is what they were going for.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^You've inspired me Cyggy, I'm off to spin Tormato right now.:D

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Tormato is a great album. Something I was unable to hear when I only had a worn out piece of vinyl to judge by. Once I was able to hear everything that was in tented to be heard by Yes when they recorded it I became an instant fan. I'm gonna have to spin it again soon myself.

"Don't Kill The Whale"

cyggy

Cygnusx1
Reaction score
^^You've inspired me Cyggy, I'm off to spin Tormato right now.:D

your welcome friend .... Circus Of Heaven with Mr Andersons son speaking a part , how cool is that !

Tormato is a great album. Something I was unable to hear when I only had a worn out piece of vinyl to judge by. Once I was able to hear everything that was in tented to be heard by Yes when they recorded it I became an instant fan. I'm gonna have to spin it again soon myself.

I used to listen to this album over and over again on cassette walking around streets and parks ....... long before pocket portable music players :D

joe

Reaction score

What do you think the band's intentions were or what they were trying to accomplish with 'Tormato'?

cyggy

Cygnusx1
Reaction score
What do you think the band's intentions were or what they were trying to accomplish with 'Tormato'?

Difficult to say , I think it was based upon the geographic contours of Devon England , (Steve Howe's home ?) and the inner sleeve showed the old "Tors" , hence TORmato .... that's just from memory .

They certainly were one of the first bands to do "GreenPeace" material .... long before it became popular.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Staff online

Members online