Yes (Official Thread)

Mr. T

Reaction score
Re: The Yes Thread

Yes have debuted the music video for “We Can Fly” the first single from their new album, Fly From Here. This is the both the band's first music video and studio album release in ten years.

We Can Fly

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

Question for the Yes fans: I purchased 90125 last night and so far I'm blown away. I had heard bits and pieces of their stuff before but this album is phenomenal. I can tell just by listening that this is from the 80's and I know that Yes formed in the late 60's/early 70's and I wonder is their later stuff better or is their earlier stuff the best to get into? I'm definitely getting some more Yes albums.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^My advice would be to listen to Close To The Edge or Fragile from start to finish, if you like those then you'll like their early stuff.

Tormato an album I love, was trashed by the critics and hard core fans for being a sell out, I disagree I love the Bass guitar on that record.

90125....Jen you bought the most controversial Yes album they ever released,(Other than Tales of Topographic Oceans) it marked a Huge change in direction for the band, due to Trevor Rabin's influence.

Big Generator the album after that one was not nearly as good.

The later catalog that followed, was more like their earlier albums, but I'm not an expert on that part of their discography.

Early Yes right up to 90125 is my favorite era.

Hope that helps a little.;)

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

Thanks LG. One thing I've noticed about this band is each of their songs sound completely different/original. I admit I've never explored prog much outside of Floyd. I'm getting into a lot of bands I never would have even bothered picking up if not for CRF.

I think this is my favorite so far, and just like your sentiments for Tormato I love the bass in this song LG:

"It Can Happen"

I'll have to listen to it a couple more times before I can form a solid opinion on the tracks, but that one immediately caught my attention.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

90125 was a comeback album for the band, it was a big success even though some older hard core fans didn't like it. You know what I say to them...too bad. It's a great album that gave them a much needed shot in the arm, they were becoming extinct before that record.

I love the bass sound on the entire album.:grinthumb

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

I see there's a lot of love on the forum for Yes. I can't believe I'm just NOW picking up some of their stuff. I feel so far behind you guys. :bonk:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^You have plenty of time to catch up, that is one of the fun parts about collecting bands/music.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I'm with LG!! Fragile (A MUST HAVE!!!) and Close To The Edge.

Also really cool video and first single! Thanks for posting TUNEZ :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Staff online

Members online