Yes (Official Thread)

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
What do you think the band's intentions were or what they were trying to accomplish with 'Tormato'?

Trying to get people to realize that tomatoes and tornadoes are planning to
unite, and after killing off all the whales, they plan to enslave mankind.

Alas, no one paid any attention to the ominous warning and call to arms, and they ( the tornado and tomato peoploidz ) slyly await in the shadows, for the whale to finally disappear from the ocean, thus clearing the way for "Operation Enslavement".

"On The Silent Wings Of Freedom"

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Any love for Talk? I find it very soothing and cool... really one of my favorites of theirs.

I originally got a Yes Talk tour shirt at some convention and I was like "well heck, I should at least have the album too" hahaha.

cyggy

Cygnusx1
Reaction score
Any love for Talk? I find it very soothing and cool... really one of my favorites of theirs.

I originally got a Yes Talk tour shirt at some convention and I was like "well heck, I should at least have the album too" hahaha.

I Love TALK , I personally think it was the last great YES album ...... I know a friend who also thinks it's great .

Jon Anderson looks like being "replaced" twice at the moment. wish they would sort themselves out.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
An album that I really like but one which gets a hell of a lot of flack is Union. I know the two factions of the group combined to create the album and it has been said that this caused a disjointed end product with pop/rock merging with a more prog/rock input. Still the album went gold even though some critics panned it. Mind you I don't really take much notice of what most critics say tbh. On the whole I thought Union was a tidy record.

"Angkor Wat"

joe

Reaction score
Trying to get people to realize that tomatoes and tornadoes are planning to
unite, and after killing off all the whales, they plan to enslave mankind.

Alas, no one paid any attention to the ominous warning and call to arms, and they ( the tornado and tomato peoploidz ) slyly await in the shadows, for the whale to finally disappear from the ocean, thus clearing the way for "Operation Enslavement".

:oyea:

"What'chu talkin 'bout Willis?"

Dude, your answer, like the album is "much ado about nothing".

SPLAT!

bxp152442.jpg

joe

Reaction score
Difficult to say , I think it was based upon the geographic contours of Devon England , (Steve Howe's home ?) and the inner sleeve showed the old "Tors" , hence TORmato .... that's just from memory .

They certainly were one of the first bands to do "GreenPeace" material .... long before it became popular.

I read that the band was thinking about calling the album, 'Tor'. I think at that particular time the heavy drinkin' had caught up to some of the members and it shows (hears) and along with selling out to the 'mainstream' sound with the pressure of their label produced a symph-synth prog pop album (proto-neo-prog...hahaha). 1978 wasn't a good year for the prog giants. This album helped put the nail in the coffin. 'Drama' was a huge improvement even with the boys from the Buggles.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I've got to say I really like Tormato infact I can't fault the album, not everyone's cup of tea I'll grant you but the music is spot on IMO. I guess the production and direction has been questioned by fans and critics even by band members but for me I think it's a sound piece of work.

"Arriving UFO"

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
An album that I really like but one which gets a hell of a lot of flack is Union. I know the two factions of the group combined to create the album and it has been said that this caused a disjointed end product with pop/rock merging with a more prog/rock input. Still the album went gold even though some critics panned it. Mind you I don't really take much notice of what most critics say tbh. On the whole I thought Union was a tidy record.

Yes! Agreed...my favourite track from Union is the opening, I Would Have Waited Forever

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Not sure I've got Union...:hm:...have to check.

I know Joe's hard core stance when it comes to old prog giants "selling out", but I liked Tormato a lot more than Drama myself. I have listened to Drama a couple times a while ago and have mellowed a bit on that album but it will never be among my Yes "Must Haves".

And Wolf, your post was top shelf...:heheh:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarianaMcC

Members online