worst lead singer of a 70's rock band

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score
:heheh:
lol, I do feel the same way about floyd for the most part, except for Wish you Were Here and Dark Side Of The moon I don't really listen to them at all:cheers:

well thats two more albums than i listen to :heheh:

actually i do like Obscured by Clouds, but thats it

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
That is interesting Tatoo'd that you don't like Gimour/Waters but think Dylan is a good singer...totally opposite for me I think they are much better vocalists. PF was never about just one element of their sound, they are one of those anomalies that the Totality of the music, lyrics, vocals all come together to create a soundscape of imagery more than just a song. That is my view, I Love PF, especially everything from Meddle onwards.

Tiny Tim

Reaction score
I know I am niave, but I didn't realize these guys insured their voices.....It isn't like they are going to suffer injury from singing, unles the mic jumps down their throat. Maybe if you growl improperly, you might injure your vocal chords.

sounds to me like insurance companies see these guys coming as fools!

If say Bon Jovi books a tour, each of those bookings represents a contract between the artist and the promoter. If Bon Jovi's voice goes out in the middle of the tour, he is on the hook for all of those bookings. So the insurance is to compensate promoters if he can't fulfill his contractual obligations due to his voice not working.

Since Bruce is consistently among the highest grossing concert acts, it's no surprise his insurance policy has a high value.

The vocal chords are controlled by muscles which can be sprained or torn like any other muscle. Also nodes can develop on vocal chords that require surgery to remove or else the chords won't work the way the singer is used to them working. Laryngitis, any number of things can go wrong with a singers voice.

Just realized I'm answering a post from a month ago, :heheh: sorry.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
No problem TT, you made a good point.

Any lead singer that smokes excessively or otherwise parties hard living the life, risks losing the unique sound of their voice, not worth the risk seeing playing concerts is extremely hard on your vocal chords to begin with.

As for all the Screamo band vocalists, their careers are not going to last long.

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score
That is interesting Tatoo'd that you don't like Gimour/Waters but think Dylan is a good singer...totally opposite for me I think they are much better vocalists. PF was never about just one element of their sound, they are one of those anomalies that the Totality of the music, lyrics, vocals all come together to create a soundscape of imagery more than just a song. That is my view, I Love PF, especially everything from Meddle onwards.

not Atom Heart Mother or Piper? those are pretty interesting albums. i hardly ever listen to them but i think they're much more interesting than later albums

and for me its all about the soul and emotion

Reaction score
No problem TT, you made a good point.

Any lead singer that smokes excessively or otherwise parties hard living the life, risks losing the unique sound of their voice, not worth the risk seeing playing concerts is extremely hard on your vocal chords to begin with.

As for all the Screamo band vocalists, their careers are not going to last long.

they never do last long.... thank god:tongue::D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
not Atom Heart Mother or Piper? those are pretty interesting albums. i hardly ever listen to them but i think they're much more interesting than later albums

and for me its all about the soul and emotion

I like Piper okay, and some of the other early records, but I like later Floyd much better, they became a special band for me.

Bear in mind Tattoo'd that my first album was DSOTM, my brother had a copy when it came out so that affects how I look at them. The next record I bought after that one was Meddle...for $.97...what a deal!(Turns out a few years later the guy who owned the store we all shopped at in my small town was distributing narcotics using the business as a front, so that explains why we got such great deals on some of our records...:lmao:...Last I heard he was in jail for life.)

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
That's okay, I'm willing to take the risk lol

Also, while I like AC/DC immensely, I think Brian Johnson is a pretty ****ty singer. It's like he's just screaming really

Well, if you want to be technical, and this is a 70s thread, Brian Johnson never sang with AC/DC in the 70s.:D So he doesn't count. That being said, I agree. Bon Scott AC/DC blows Brian Johnson AC/DC away.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tnfkdg

Members online

No members online now.