Worst Drummer In A 70s Rock Band

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score
Re: Worse Drummer

I think John Bohnam is the worst rock and roll drummer who ever lived.

now, if THAT doesn't liven up the forum, nothing will!

Zombeels

Reaction score

:eek:hyeah: Wow, I see some post in here for "shock value".
You are obviously not a drummer. I know you said you drummed for 14 years but I don't belive it. You do realise session drummers were called on Kinks albums like Arthur and Village Green. The Kinks are my favourite band so my opinion cannot be based on a bias.

Masherbrum

Riding the Steel Breeze
Reaction score

You are obviously not a drummer. I know you said you drummed for 14 years but I don't belive it. You do realise session drummers were called on Kinks albums like Arthur and Village Green. The Kinks are my favourite band so my opinion cannot be based on a bias.

If you say so...I'm not going to get into a shouting match in a forum.

Also, naming the bands first couple albums, as this was even done with the The Beatles and session drummer Andy White. He gets a bad rap for the onstage fights he was in with Dave Davies. But, The Kinks were a damn "tight band".

Last edited:

Reverend Rock

cool music and hot coffee
Reaction score

Although his output is passable, if unspectacular, Don Henley is the stiffest most uncomfortable looking drummer I can think of. I was watching the Hell Freezes Over DVD the other night and it looks as if it's his first time behind a kit.

Well, I think it's a case of a great singer/songwriter who can't really play any instrument particularly well, so he plays drums just to have something to do when Glen Frey's doing lead vocals, you know...something like that, anyway.

Spike

Rock & Soul Archaelogist
Reaction score

Well, I think it's a case of a great singer/songwriter who can't really play any instrument particularly well, so he plays drums just to have something to do when Glen Frey's doing lead vocals, you know...something like that, anyway.

And with a band like the Eagles, I'm not sure the rhythm section mattered that much any way...

Spike

runtfan

Reaction score

And with a band like the Eagles, I'm not sure the rhythm section mattered that much any way...

Spike

I like the Eagles, and you probably meant this as a slam against them, but you happen to be right. The Eagles are all about the singing and guitar playing, along with the tunes that will highlight those two aspects. The rhythm section just has to hold down the fort. No heavy lifting was really ever required.

Reverend Rock

cool music and hot coffee
Reaction score

In defense of the Eagles, there are few bands in existance who can play live such letter-perfect reconstructions of their studio records. A big part of that kind of consistancy has to come from the rhythm section, actually. Don Henley and Timothy B. Schmidt may not be technically impressive show-offs, but they do indeed lay down a strong anchor.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.