Worst Drummer In A 70s Rock Band

Abraxas

Reaction score
Peter Criss. I watched an old Kiss concert on VH1 Classic and he did a drum solo that I was not impressed with.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Bonham , now that guy was a hack . And on that same note , Babe Ruth was a hack hitter , and Marylin Monroe was ugly as sin , and Freddie Mercury was subtle and a bit shy

All of those are opposites except the part about Freddie.

Masherbrum

Riding the Steel Breeze
Reaction score
In response to comments about Freddie.

On stage he wasn't shy. Off stage, he was most definitely shy, as were the other members of Queen. This is why the city of Montreux embraced Queen. They didn't hound them, which is what they wanted, especially Freddie. In turn, Queen embraced Montreux, hence the "Made In Heaven" cover. The building pictured (to the left of the Freddie Statue), is their Studio on Lake Geneva.

Odysseus

Kustom Kartilage
Reaction score
My vote goes to Don Henley of The Eagles. A capable drummer for sure and I like a few of the Eagles tunes but for Don's drum sound alone. That soggy, flat snare/cardboard kit sound. Fine for the Eagles but lacks any depth.

Odysseus

Kustom Kartilage
Reaction score
Can't decide, but anyone who says Bill Ward obviously knows nothing about drumming. At all.

Indeed CN. Bill ward is a fine drummer. He has been a major influence on many an aspiring and successful drummer over the years. The Bill Ward era Sabs are the best.:cheers2

Fesenmeier

Reaction score
Re: Worse Drummer In A 70s Rock Band

Bill Ward was/is fantastic.

I actually have no idea who I cast as the worst. Would have to be someone from some band I wouldn't listen too though. Maybe the guy from the GODZ. That was a bad band.

Glen Cataline of The GODZ was one of the best drummers out there at the time. He was fantastic. And had a great voice too.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online