Who's got the blues?

Gearjammer

Devout Heathen
Reaction score
I see the blues section here, but unfortunately very little activity? Any blues fans, after all, The stones, Beatles, Zep, and many, many, many others borrowed heavily from the blues. So who's got the blues, and who do you listen to? My absolute favorite is BB King, I've seen him 6 times now, but dig almost any bluesman with the name king, as well as SRV, Robert Cray, BUddy Guy, Muddy Waters, etc.

kvcoty

Reaction score
I love the blues SRV, Freddie King, Albert King, Robert Cray, Copeland, The Fabulous Thunderbirds, Johnny Lang. I went to the Fredericton Jazz & Blues Festival every fall in New Brunswick, Canada when I lived in Northern Maine. So some incredible performances some old bluesmen, local talent, Boston bands etc. All genres of blues from swing to 1930's classics. If you ever get a chance to get there it's well worth the money and Fredericton is a quaint and friendly city. Every Sept. 15th or there abouts depending when the weekend falls.

kvcoty

Reaction score
The best value is all access pass for 110.00 american $. They sell out fast. Look up Harvest Jazz and Blues Festival Fredericton NB. I saw 17-18 bands for 110.00 before and every one of them were excellent. It is a good time. Also I would recommend staying at The Lord Beaverbrook Hotel. great digs within walking distance of every tent or venue. Good luck. If you go let me know how it was. I live too far away to make it this year.

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
Who's got the blues? I believe it was Gary Moore who sang I Still Got the Blues, right :D.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Rockin' blues is of course great with SRV, Robin Trower, Ten Years After, etc. I also have an enormous love for the acoustic blues style.

cunundrumpw

Reaction score
SRV is my absolute favorite blues artist. Too bad he still isn't around.

Attachments

• SRV-Tribute-close-lg copy.jpg
    SRV-Tribute-close-lg copy.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

Gearjammer

Devout Heathen
Reaction score
If you can believe it, Stevie will be gone 15 years around the 12th of this month, for that matter, Jerry will be gone 10 years on Tuesday. I remeber both like it happened yesterday.

willg54

Reaction score
Saw a clip of Jimi, sittin' on a wooden stool, playing an acoustic blues number. Quite the bluesman, believe it or not. He's been gone 35 years, wow!

Gearjammer

Devout Heathen
Reaction score
Glad to see Ten Years After mentioned. Alvin Lee is great. First saw them on Woodstock (the movie). They jsut came on as I ordered a pizza, and needless to say, the pizza was long done and on the way to getting cold before I went to get it. They just absolutely rocked with Going Home!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online