Whitesnake (Official Thread)

Rocket Roll

Reaction score
I'm a 'snake fan, just saw my third show the other night. Also saw them in '88 and '05, both shows were great. My '11 show wasn't so great. The band sounded really, really good, especially Doug Aldrich. But, Coverdale did not. We were up close and had a big video screen nearby. I had heard some rumors about his vocals not being quite legit, and they weren't. I watched carefully and it was obvious he was getting some kind of taped backing vocals to help him along. It sounded dreadful, almost like the vocals were fed through a separate sound system. After the show, I did some looking online and found plenty of similar complaints, including one from Joe Lynn Turner. What a bummer.

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
London Forum - 5 December
Newport Centre - 7 December
Wolverhampton Civic Hall - 8 December

I'm going to see them again! Yet don't know if it will be London or Newport. Probably London, all we need to do is sort out the problem with parking.

Just round the corner from the Forum is a proper car park, never seen it anywhere near full when I've been to the venue. 5 minutes walk max. If you go along West Way then cut up towards Kentish Town next to Euston train station, you should be sorted.

forum.jpg

Last edited:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I think when Mr. Coverdale hits you with a powerful slow one he's up there with the best. From my favourite Whitesnake album.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
I still remember him saying about his 60th birthday at the concert in Bournemouth and that laugh while singing Soldier of Fortune...

"...but I feel I'm growing olde... come on, guys, help me and sing!"

:heheh:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
David is such a funny guy. He's so charming and seems like such a cool person to have a conversation with. :heheh:

And speaking of "Soldier of Fortune"....

I really do love this rendition of one of my favorite Mk III Deep Purple songs. :grinthumb

Last edited by a moderator:

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
^^ And in fact one of the best Purple songs with only David on vocals. :D

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I actually just bought their Millenium Collection CD while I was at the store the other day. I've got every single song on it in some form or another, but $4 for a CD of which I like every song on is something I can do from time to time:

41K7AW0YQKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Track Listing:
1. Here I Go Again
2. Still of the Night
3. Give Me All Your Love
4. Slow An' Easy
5. Love Ain't No Stranger
6. Is This Love
7. Guilty of Love
8. Give Me More Time
9. Fool for Your Loving
10. The Deeper the Love