Whitesnake (Official Thread)

rtbuck

Reaction score
Re: Whitesnake

I first heard of Whitesnake in the early 80's while listening to a BBC rock show one Sunday evening the first half hour was a Ginger Baker concert & the second half was a Whitesnake concert. What caught my interest was when the host announced the band members of Whitesnake. I was psyched when I heard Coverdale, Lord, & Paice & enjoyed the show. My favorite albums are Ready & Willing & Live...in the Heart of the City.

...Speaking of Kiss...I think I wrote about this here a couple of years back...
In 1990 I went to Toronto to see Kiss,Whitesnake, & Faster Pussycat & it was really wild because Whitesnake was Headlining. It was obvious that a large majority of the crowd were there for Kiss(their T-Shirts sold out before the show started!). Anyway, I was there for KISS but was a fan of Whitesnake too(I was under the impression that Kiss was headlining). Something major must have went down prior to the show because Paul Stanley was pissed & in between songs he told the crowd that someone wouldn't allow them to use any stage show props or pyro. All of a sudden Coverdale walks to the side of the stage & gives Paul Stanley the finger which caused the crowd to boo loudly. During Whitesnake's set everytime Coverdale started talking he got booed. This show was also archived in the Kiss Alive Forever book. From what I read Coverdale & Stanley have finally settled their differences but it took a long time

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

...Speaking of Kiss...I think I wrote about this here a couple of years back...
In 1990 I went to Toronto to see Kiss,Whitesnake, & Faster Pussycat & it was really wild because Whitesnake was Headlining. It was obvious that a large majority of the crowd were there for Kiss(their T-Shirts sold out before the show started!). Anyway, I was there for KISS but was a fan of Whitesnake too(I was under the impression that Kiss was headlining). Something major must have went down prior to the show because Paul Stanley was pissed & in between songs he told the crowd that someone wouldn't allow them to use any stage show props or pyro. All of a sudden Coverdale walks to the side of the stage & gives Paul Stanley the finger which caused the crowd to boo loudly. During Whitesnake's set everytime Coverdale started talking he got booed. This show was also archived in the Kiss Alive Forever book. From what I read Coverdale & Stanley have finally settled their differences but it took a long time

Wow, that's a cool yet odd story. Seems really weird that Kiss would have been opening for Whitesnake in 1990. They were on the HITS tour at that time. I saw them twice on that tour and Kiss had Slaughter and Winger opening up for them. Musta been some sort of once-over concert and Gene and Paul obviously didn't read the fine print (which almost seems hard to believe).

Mr. T

Reaction score

Suprized no one has said it yet but the new album is F'N EPIC imo...

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score

Probably the coolest version of Lovehunter!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score

That's how close I was.

img0101nr.jpg

I will get moar pictures next week. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score