Whitesnake (Official Thread)

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Re: Whitesnake

Looking back at the videos of girls screaming when someone from the band looked at them was kind of "wtf?". But now I feel kinda weird when David looked at us few times. :D

First act, The Union was brilliant. Never heard them before, sounds like original line-up of Leaf Hound in the 21st century without Peter French on vocals. Loved them, gonna buy their CDs I think.

When it comes to Whitesnake - fifty, fifty. Amazing show, despite David turning 60 on September still has a strong voice. They played my favourite Fool For Your Loving and Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City... great guitar and drum solos, in fact I was well surprised to hear them, but lasted for too long. Great vocal solo on Soldier Of Fortune (David laughed after phrase "I feel I'm growing older"). Drummer's stick throwing was cool... missed to catch them of course, but still great effort. However, there were some issues. They played lots of stuff from the new album, in fact some people in the audience were kind of pissed off (some were screaming "Walking In The Shadow Of The Blues", "Soldier Of Fortune" or "Don't Break My Heart Again") by that. It was difficult to hear him singing it was so quiet. And I was sort of disappointed the intro wasn't Purple's Burn.

But I am glad I own a pick from bassist Michael Devin with WS logo on it. :D

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

The new album is growing on me, there are some tidy tunes a few remind me of the old Whitesnake or should I say the earlier gear they used to play.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Flee

Reaction score

saw them a couple years ago...coverdale,who once had that wonderfull warm and bluesy voice ,is screaming more than's good for him(and the audience)the golden whitesnake era(up until saint&sinners)is over...new stuff ain't bad but is standard melodic rock and the new one is really below there standards IMO

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score

Forevermore has some good tunes in it, especially the opening track.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score

I first heard of Whitesnake in the early 80's while listening to a BBC rock show one Sunday evening the first half hour was a Ginger Baker concert & the second half was a Whitesnake concert. What caught my interest was when the host announced the band members of Whitesnake. I was psyched when I heard Coverdale, Lord, & Paice & enjoyed the show. My favorite albums are Ready & Willing & Live...in the Heart of the City.

Was it 1980 Reading Rock festival? I swear it is...

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
London Forum - 5 December
Newport Centre - 7 December
Wolverhampton Civic Hall - 8 December

I'm going to see them again! Yet don't know if it will be London or Newport. Probably London, all we need to do is sort out the problem with parking.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online