Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tama.

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Yamaha.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Abraxas

Reaction score
^ There's many, many sounds on my Electronic kit. If you want variety or at least more than just basic sounds/Drums, then I'd definitely tell you to go for an Electronic kit. It might start off a little pricey but it's more than worth it over time. Should you form a band, volume wouldn't be a problem either if you needed/wanted it on stage or while practicing. Get the right speakers & you're all set.:cheers2

I wished I've gotten an electronic kit to begin with but I got my acoustic kit when I thought I was going to be in a band. I bought everything a bit at a time (got the hardware after purchasing the shell pack and then the cymbals last. I got 2 Bosphorus gold series crashes, a Dream ride/crash and a pair of Paiste giant beat hi hats along with percussion effects). Overall I think I invested nearly two grand in the damn thing and only played it a few times (very quietly). Now that I found out that I'm not going to be the drummer music is the last thing I want to do right now.

Last edited:

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
As far as my Cymbals went, I always used & preferred Sabian Cymbals. I may not have used all of these Cymbals at one time, but these were the main Sabian Cymbals that I remember owning...

1. 14" AAX Metal Hats.

2. 18" AAX Rock (or Metal?) Crash.

3. 18" Hand Hammered Rock Crash.

4. 22" Hand Hammered Power Bell Ride.

5. 20" Hand Hammered Dark Chinese.

6. 12" AAX Metal Splash.

7. 14" AAX Dark Crash.

8. 10" Hand Hammered Duo Splash.

That's my main setup as far as what I can remember right now. I believe that I focused on getting the Hats, 2 Crashes & Ride first as that's the main way to start out any (professional) setup. The Hand Hammered are of the highest class & most expensive & that Chinese that I got was/is pretty much the best one that I've ever heard/got. I love(d) the Ride too, as it had an artistic, beautiful (obviously) big bell on/in it. I think that the AAX Dark Crash was the most recent one that I got & was very happy adding it to my "flavorful" setup. I'm really happy that I chose to go/stick with Sabian brand Cymbals & I more than recommend any of the above (or other) Sabian brand Cymbals to you too.:D

Abraxas

Reaction score
My cymbal setup:

22" Bliss Series crash/ride (Dream Cymbals & Gongs)

18" Gold Series power crash (Bosphorus)

16" Gold Series power crash (Bosphorus)

14" Giant Beat hi-hats (Paiste)

All the cymbals are hand hammered (I believe the same can be said about the Giant Beats) with the hi hats being the most expensive. Dream cymbals & gongs are made in Wuhan, China and are replicated to sound like Zildjian's classic K series of the 1950's and the Bosphorus Gold Series are high end cymbals but without the high end price tag.

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
^ I somewhat like the Zildjian Ks when compared to Sabian's Hand Hammered Cymbals. When it comes down to it though, even if the Zildjian Ks somehow costed less (probably not), I'd still prefer Sabian's Hand Hammered Cymbals. There's nothing quite like the sound(s) of their Rides & Chinas, yet even the same could be said about the Hats, Splashes & especially Crashes. I simply just love 'em.:bow:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tnfkdg

Members online