Register to remove these ads

What's Your Excuse???

Discussion in 'Everything else' started by Slip'nn2Darkness, Nov 18, 2011.

What's Your Excuse???

1. I vote in all of them no matter what

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. I try to vote in polls where I know the song or band

16 vote(s)
    53.3%
  3. I don't give a shit about polls

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I'd rather respond to bands I know

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. Polls are a waste of my time

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. OTHER:

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. ILoveJimmyPage

ILoveJimmyPage Senior Member

Other: I try to vote in most polls but sometimes I do only post in those where I know the artist or band. Sometimes I'll research them before I make a decision. I try not to spend TOO much time in the polls so I don't become known for primarily responding to them as they require little thought a lot of the time but they're a lot of fun! I've been enjoying them a lot lately.

2. Lynch

Lynch Rockin' Out

I vote in probably 98+% of all of the polls on the site. I even response with text/post in most of those with a reason as to why I chose one song, album, artist, whatever over the other choice(s). Not always, but I do that quite a bit.

The only time I do not vote at all, or say anything in the thread is if I truly have no opinion of the song(s)/album(s)/artist(s) in the poll, which isn't too often.

3. Sunny

Sunny Settled down at last and very happy.

I vote in most polls but not in the ones where I don't care much for the songs/artists featured. I have to say that I have listened to some great music which I am not familiar with through listening to songs put up in polls

4. Soot and Stars

Soot and Stars I AM SOOT! Staff Member

Other: I don't tend to like threads with just one word answers on a regular rotation of songs most of us talk about regularly and already know. I prefer the sharing and exploration part of music.

5. Slip'nn2Darkness

Slip'nn2Darkness Sub Sonic Soul Shaker

Thank you to the 13 people who responded to this thread and shame on the 97 who passed..:heheh:

6. runtfan

runtfan Senior Member

I'll ignore polls involving two bands or songs I don't care about. I'll usually vote if there's one band/song/album I really enjoy vs. another I don't care about. I'll usually agonize, vote, and often respond when it's two bands/songs/albums I really enjoy. Occasionally there's a poll with two bands/songs/albums that I really love and I don't bother with the mental gymnastics of trying to decide which I love most, although even then I'll check the poll results to see what everybody else thinks.

7. Phil B.

Phil B. Far Out Man!

I try to vote in every poll wherein I am familiar with the artist/work.

Sometimes the choices are too close to call for me, so I will post in the thread if that is the case.

I am guilty of using the "New Posts" option a lot, so sometimes I miss a few polls. Generally I go back to re-visit them.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  8. Groovy Man

Groovy Man I'm Not Like Everybody Else

I think 80% of forum votes in the polls.

or close to it.

9. Riff Raff

Riff Raff The Kevin Owens Show Staff Member

This also applies to polls where the OP asks to vote for a certain number of songs, where I could vote 5 sometimes I only vote 3, I only vote on polls I know the bands, won't vote any band that I don't know or even care to know.

10. gcczep

gcczep Ever Onward...

I vote in polls where I am familiar with the band or the song. They are a good way to find out about other songs and artists too. Then there's that added benefit of internet socializing...[grin].