What other Scorpions albums would you recommend?

Diamond Reo

The Ultimate Warlord
Reaction score
Last night, I dug out my copy of Scorpions' Blackout and listened to it again, and it was just as good as - if not better than - the first time I listened to it. Now, I'm thinking of getting another Scorpions album, but I'm not sure which one(s) to get. Which would you recommend?

E-Z

Reaction score
LOVEDRIVE from 1979 usually gets the 'thumbs up' by fans. I have a regular single cd version of the album plus a double cd deluxe version as well.

A lot of the 'Scorps' late 1970s and 1980s albums were re-released as either double or triple cds some with additional dvds included with the cds that came out around 6 or 7 years ago.

One Scorpion album/cd that appears to have disappeared from the cd rakes over the last 5 or 6 years is there first album Lonesome Crow which is more early 1970s heavy rock as to oppose to what they were into a decade later.

Last edited:

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Depends on your favorite Scorpions era.

70's, I'd go with In Trance
late 70's - early 80's, Lovedrive gets the edge because of Michael Schenker
later 80's-90's, Savage Amusement, which was, to me, the last of their great albums until Sting In The Tail (2010)

Reactions: E-Z

E-Z

Reaction score
A Scorpion's album that myself and another rock friend use to like to play a lot about 20 years ago was Lonesome Crow which has a strange 'nocturnal quality' about it when listening to it at 2:00 or 3:00am but try listening to it at 10:00am or 4:00pm and the magical nocturnal quality just disappears!!.

Michael Schenker sounds slightly like Rory Gallagher during the guitar passages on the album?.

I would like to hear Lonesome Crow again as I haven't heard it for getting on 20 years and as previously posted it isn't seen these days in the couple remaining record shops in London.

Last edited:

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
80-s: Love at First Sting, 90-s: Crazy World, Face the Heat and Pure instinct, 2000's: Unbreakable and Humanity: Hour I.

E-Z

Reaction score
Never really heard or took any notice of Scorpions until they played the 1980 Monsters of Rock Festival at Castle Donnington in England and was on the bill with Rainbow and Saxon and a few other NWOBHM bands.

A vinyl record possibly released on Polydor records in 1980-81 and featured two Scorpion tracks Another Piece Of Meat & Loving You On Sunday Morning were good along side two Rainbow tracks All Night Long & Stargazer and the other bands getting a track each.

The Monsters of Rock vinyl album- https://images.worldofrarebooks.co.uk/vinyl1601637368CRA_1.jpg

Last edited:

Diamond Reo

The Ultimate Warlord
Reaction score
OK, so yesterday, I got Lovedrive in the mail, and you folks are right: it freakin' ROCKS! I honestly don't know why tracks on this album don't get so much radio play. I mean, this stuff is on par with tracks like "Blackout", "No One Like You", "Rock You Like a Hurricane" and "Big City Nights"!

Reactions: E-Z

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online