What Did You Listen To In The 80's?

Schmetterling

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'd love to find music which I used to listen in late 1987. It was recorded on some cassette along with "The House of Blue light" by Deep Purple, and I used to think that was the same album, so the style was quite similar, hard rock with some (occasional) keyboards. Retrospectively, I believe DP album is not very strict analogy to subject. Perhaps, it sounds more like some Def Leppard ("Bringin' on the heartbreak") or Scorpions ("Rock you like a hurricane"). Nevertheless, I'm pretty sure it was mid-80s hard rock with male vocals sung in English, and that was not Deep Purple.
Unfortunately, I had no knowledge of English back then, so I can't remember any lyrics. All I could do is to play some parts on guitar (VERY poorly), here is the link: https://yadi.sk/d/N6tuE4phds8CT
1st part is the verse of some ballad, supposedly it started with words "Changes", or maybe "Change It". 2nd part is the intro (guitar riff) of ANOTHER song, presumably by the same performer.
To narrow the search, here is the llst of the bands of the era I'm pretty familiar with and should thus be excluded:
AC/DC
Accept
Bon Jovi
Cinderella
Def Leppard
Iron Maiden
Kiss
Judas Priest
Motley Crue
Ozzy Osbourne
Rainbow
Scorpions
ZZ Top
Any help would be appreciated.

Might have been Dokken but I aint gonna click on your link as you're a first time poster - no offence intended....;)

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'd love to find music which I used to listen in late 1987. It was recorded on some cassette along with "The House of Blue light" by Deep Purple, and I used to think that was the same album, so the style was quite similar, hard rock with some (occasional) keyboards. Retrospectively, I believe DP album is not very strict analogy to subject. Perhaps, it sounds more like some Def Leppard ("Bringin' on the heartbreak") or Scorpions ("Rock you like a hurricane"). Nevertheless, I'm pretty sure it was mid-80s hard rock with male vocals sung in English, and that was not Deep Purple.
Unfortunately, I had no knowledge of English back then, so I can't remember any lyrics. All I could do is to play some parts on guitar (VERY poorly), here is the link: https://yadi.sk/d/N6tuE4phds8CT
1st part is the verse of some ballad, supposedly it started with words "Changes", or maybe "Change It". 2nd part is the intro (guitar riff) of ANOTHER song, presumably by the same performer.
To narrow the search, here is the llst of the bands of the era I'm pretty familiar with and should thus be excluded:
AC/DC
Accept
Bon Jovi
Cinderella
Def Leppard
Iron Maiden
Kiss
Judas Priest
Motley Crue
Ozzy Osbourne
Rainbow
Scorpions
ZZ Top
Any help would be appreciated.

The song is "Changes" by Tesla

Harry Bell

Reaction score
2 Schmetterling: thanks for your suggestion, but Dokken doesn't seem to be the right answer. I've just tried their 84-87 output: sounds very similar, but no match. As to my sound files: could you recommend where should I upload them to ?

Harry Bell

Reaction score
2 That 70s Guy: YOU'VE MADE MY DAY !!!
THAT'S IT !
THANK YOU A BILLION TIMES

RadRobX

What the **** did I post now?
Reaction score
Everything from Abba-Zeppelin I don't bar music of any type.

If it makes you feel good...play it.

80's...I'm a sucker for Power Ballads.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
^^^ Possibly the single greatest power ballad of all time. :tup:

Speaking of which, we do have a thread in the 80's forum (top section) dedicated solely to Power Ballads. :woot:

RadRobX

Reaction score
You 80's people are so..."In Depth"...I didn't text that in a bad way.

You people are DEEP!

I'm ....nevermind.

Starchild

Little Dreamer
Reaction score
I listened to a lot of Madonna, INXS, U2, Cyndi Lauper, and a Canadian new wave band called Platinum Blonde.
I also listened to hard rock bands like Van Halen, Ratt, Metallica, and the Runaways.
The first album I ever owned was Love at First Sting by the Scorpions.

RadRobX

Reaction score
1st cassette I ever purchased with my own $

Boston-boston

I thought and still do think it's wicked sick!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online

Members online