What Did You Listen To In The 80's?

Old Dude

I do not suffer fools gladly.
Reaction score
I sing to myself....fact.

I have this unique ability that allows self-entertainment.

That's not really a unique ability. Somewhat rare, perhaps. I can also do it. I've known several others as well. But, it does provide little that you can list in a thread called, "What did you listen to in the 80's", does it? Once you've said, "The voices in my head", what else is there to say? :hm:

RadRobX

What the **** did I post now?
Reaction score
That's not really a unique ability. Somewhat rare, perhaps. I can also do it. I've known several others as well. But, it does provide little that you can list in a thread called, "What did you listen to in the 80's", does it? Once you've said, "The voices in my head", what else is there to say? :hm:

I listened to; Journey, Ronnie James Dio... and sometimes, KISS.

Are you ok?

I love 80's music.

Watch out. I'll slip some Warrant in there! 1989.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=warrant&t=ffnt&atb=v113-4&iax=videos&ia=videos&iai=0RHENr6Xe70

Last edited:

Old Dude

Reaction score
Are you ok?

I'm fine. I find that I like a lot of the music of the 1980's, even though I didn't hear it in the 1980's. I find myself stumbling across songs from the 80's on YouTube, and have to ask myself, "Why didn't any of the radio stations in the city I lived in ever play this stuff?"

RadRobX

What the **** did I post now?
Reaction score
I'm fine. I find that I like a lot of the music of the 1980's, even though I didn't hear it in the 1980's. I find myself stumbling across songs from the 80's on YouTube, and have to ask myself, "Why didn't any of the radio stations in the city I lived in ever play this stuff?"

We both like music!

I've found myself liking music from the 1950's!

If i posted time-period incorrect music in past posts...sorry.

No, I'm not sorry....FU.

Last edited:

Old Dude

Reaction score
We both like music!

Well, Duh! Why else would be both be participating in Classic Rock Forums? I didn't start this thread about music of the 80's. My tagline reveals my basic stance on genres and eras of music. My only point in this entire thread was kvetching about how dismally bad terrestrial radio was in the 1980's. I've said nothing bad about the music of the 80's, I've only complained that back in the 80's it was hard to find good new music because of the damn suits who ran all the radio stations. I haven't disagreed with anyone's posts about the music they liked back in the day. I don't give a damn about music being "time correct", other than threads about specific times should have posts about those times. But that's just because I believe that all internet forums are better when people stick to the topic of each thread. Sticking to thread topics is simply being polite. But, if someone chooses to be rude, that's their problem.

Please do me a favor. If you want to reply to what I've posted with any sort of comment relevant to what I've posted, go for it. If you want to post a non-sequitur that has nothing to do with what I posted, please don't include a quote from me. That way I won't get an alert and can ignore it more easily.

doswizard

"If you are going through hell, keep going"
Reaction score
Mostly Sabbath.....

I was really Heavy Metal; Slayer, Metallica, Judas Priest and even AC/DC! :box:

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
I guess I pretty much allowed MTV to create my 80's playlists.For me,even a really great tune from the Reagan decade wasn't quite the same without an at least half decent video..................

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
Mostly hard rock and metal until about 1985. Triumph was my favorite band in my high school years. Dio and Dio fronted Sabbath, Robert Plant's solo stuff, Gary Moore, Joe Walsh, reunited Deep Purple etc. and a healthy dose of southern rock Blackfoot and Molly Hatchet. Also I liked The Police.
The cover of Poison's first album I found repugnant and I became kind of disillusioned with the whole glam metal scene. I thought metal became a parody of itself and got kind of silly.

Thank God for Stevie Ray Vaughan. Couldn't Stand The Weather was like a breath of fresh air and I delved into blues with a passion. I compare his impact reviving blues in the 80's to Dylan and folk in the 60's.

E-Z

Reaction score
1980-81 some NWOBHM bands plus RAINBOW, GILLAN & WHITESNAKE then from 1981-1984 100% JIMI HENDRIX which lead me into checking out bands like Johnny Winter, Mountain & Robin Trower. Then over the last 40 years I have spent around $100.000 on buying a shed load of records & cds and giving myself a 'rock music education' to educate myself on virtually ever named rock band from the late 1960s through the 1970s and into the 1980s which means that I can now come on here and write about every or any 'classic rock band' with authority with a knowledgeable insight without having to look anything up on the band.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online