Thread Closed What Are You Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mike Portnoy takes a lot of stick in the forums, but I like him.

So do I. And a lot of people give him a lot of criticism to the fact he plays for Avenged Sevenfold who I love as well. His recent project with Adrenaline Mob was excellent in my opinion. A good Sooty recommendation.
Have to say I do not really understand the backlash he gets. He is quite entitled to do other projects whether it be for bands like Sevenfold or not. If anything why have they not gone on about the fact DT refused to allow Portnoy back?? Portnoy apparently did want back in the band.
To be honest regarding that I am glad they didn't. Mangini is a very good drummer and it would be pretty harsh to axe him in those circumstances.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Stevie Nicks In Your Dreams
6a0105349ca980970c014e8821c01f970d-500wi

Secret Love

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
He's a great drummer but I understand the recent backlash by prog and metal fans ...his latest projects are pretty meh at best, IMO. Especially in light of who he left Dream Theater to play with :rolleyes:

Some of his projects seem to be beneath him, whereas with DT and Transatlantic he was was working with musicians of equal strength. I thought his drumming with Amazing Journey, the Who tribute, was very clever.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Staind 14 Shades of Grey
7335475;encoding=jpg;size=300;fallback=defaultImage

Price to Pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts