Thread Closed What Are You Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score
Re: Daily, Nightly and Ever So Rightly II *Chat Thread*

I wish I could experience something that surreal.

I had a dream last night that I was in a hospital gown, walking barefoot on pavement with a coroner's tag on my toe. I couldn't feel the pavement, or the wind, or the sun, or people when they ran their shoulders into me, and walked right through me. I couldn't feel the world around me but I knew it was there. It wasn't an upsetting dream but when I woke, I had to make sure I was alive.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

I have those sorts of dreams far more often than I should. Some of them feel so real, whereas some don't. However, I'd be better off if I could just not dream at all.

My sub conscious is a ****ed up place.

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score

I wish I never dreamed, either.

I've met the acquaintance of several of my heroes who have passed on, in my dreams. Which is often a gorgeous experience but sometimes so disturbing because I start to wonder, within dreams, if I have died, and in my dying life I have had a great opportunity.

I worry in my dreams.

I sometimes have these awful dreams where I eat a ton of food.
And all I want to do when I wake up is vomit.
But then I just have to check to make sure I can still feel my hips and ribs,

and then everything's okay again.

but I hate dreaming, it's terrifying.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

There have been times where I was able to dream about something that may or may not happen, but in some cases, there have been things that have actually happened a few days after I had dreamed of it.

Not like a psychic kind of thing, but something about my mind telling me to keep a look out for things that may or may not happen.

Then I come to find that I get a lot of instances of deja-vu, but I forget why.

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score

those moments are so strange.

for me they are triggering. when something like that happens, I lose my grip on reality and I can't tell for certain if I'm really alive.

see that's the problem with me.
I'm not sure if I'm really alive, or if I'm dead and just living in some alternate world where everything I want will come to me slowly.
and usually I can't tell if I'm awake or dreaming.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Kind of the same for me. I was thinking when I was walking home today that I feel like i'm in a constant "horror film". Seriously, like...there have been far too many things happening to me that shouldn't be happening.

Of course, when I went out for my night walk, the minute I start walking, it started to rain, but it was perfectly fine before I went outside.

Sometimes I just don't even know.

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score

exactly.

I don't know if there's some sort of psychiatric term for it but I feel my soul is in the wrong body. I cannot relate to my body. I don't respect it. I don't feel it should live, usually. there's nothing about it that I really like, and nothing about it that reflects the soul that lives in it.

so I sort of feel trapped in it.

I don't even know.

Who really knows what reality is?
I don't.
You don't.

Does anyone?

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

We both know that that feeling is mutual with us both, that we feel like we were put into the wrong body. Wrong family. Wrong age. Wrong century for that matter.

There's a body somewhere back in the 70's that I should be in. I shouldn't be in this one.

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score

exactly. I mourn my misplacement a few times a day as I live in a world I cannot relate to.

I think it is a miracle in itself that I have found my husband.
it is a miracle that anyone could fall in love with me because of how messed up I am.

it's a miracle I have allowed myself to live long enough for this occasion.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

It's not so much a miracle as it is your soul acting as it should, whereas your body is not. If that makes sense.

That's how it is for myself when I write my poetry, when I make music, when I do anything. I don't think about that it's my body doing it, so much as it is the person inside the body making my body do it. As if it knows that it's in the wrong place. And that it wants to destroy the body it's in to find the right one.

Some crazy shit this is, but it's how our minds work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fungusexodus

Members online