What are the most creepiest/disturbing songs you've heard ?

Jake T

Running With The Pack
Reaction score
While not creepy enough to give me nightmares this old Blue Oyster Cult song comes to mind, "Joan Crawford", the lyrics evoke a sense of malevolence and the music is a perfect match. Leave it to BOC to use Christine's autobiography "Mommy Dearest" as inspiration for a song.

And I love the whole album, probably the last great BOC record they ever released.

That's my favorite BOC album, but the follow up album "The Revolution By Night" has it's moments. What I love about BOC is that all of their songs are kind of creepy.:pullhair:

Blue Oyster Cult - Take Me Away

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
That's my favorite BOC album, but the follow up album "The Revolution By Night" has it's moments. What I love about BOC is that all of their songs are kind of creepy.:pullhair:

Blue Oyster Cult - Take Me Away

I agree Jake one thing I have always loved about BOC was their unique songs. Even their love songs are foreboding.:D

Decades ago I sent away for the Lyric sheets to every album up to Specters, so I memorized them. Don't know what happened to them but I don't have them anymore. Still no other band I know had such imagination when it came to songwriting, not the way they did anyway.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I remember the BOC sleeves stating that you could send for lyric sheets, but I never did so. What were they like? I'm not very good at remembering lyrics, but I could remember most of Agents of Fortune and Boston's first. BOC's songs never made much sense to me, but I loved them anyway (especially Tattoo Vampire).

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
most disturbing? I gotta go with anything by Marilyn Manson. You can google those yourself, I dont even want to listen to 'em long enough to post a youtube video. Safe to say I'm not a fan.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I remember the BOC sleeves stating that you could send for lyric sheets, but I never did so. What were they like? I'm not very good at remembering lyrics, but I could remember most of Agents of Fortune and Boston's first. BOC's songs never made much sense to me, but I loved them anyway (especially Tattoo Vampire).

They were nothing fancy Martin, just basic 9x11 sheets of Cheap paper with the lyrics printed on them. Still I cherished them for years and they were free, back then I didn't have a lot of money.:D

I agree with you Stepcousin, I was thinking of mentioning Marilyn Manson myself not only are his songs creepy but he is as well.( Before his fans take umbrage I realize it's a gimmick, he uses to get attention to himself in reality he's one smart guy, but I don't like his music.)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online