Van Halen kicks off tour. Setlist revealed

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
blabbermouth.net

VAN HALEN Kicks Off North American Tour; Setlist Revealed - Feb. 19, 2012
VAN HALEN kicked off its North American headlining tour last night (Saturday, February 18) at the KFC Yum! Center in Louisville, Kentucky.

The band's setlist was as follows:

01. You Really Got Me
02. Runnin' With The Devil
03. She's The Woman (new song)
04. Romeo Delight
05. Tattoo (new song)
06. Everybody Wants Some!!
07. Somebody Get Me A Doctor
08. China Town (new song)
09. Mean Street
10. (Oh!) Pretty Woman
11. Alex Van Halen Drum Solo
12. Unchained
13. The Trouble With Never (new song)
14. I'll Wait
15. Dance The Night Away
16. Hot For Teacher
17. Women In Love (perfomed live for first time since 1980)
18. Outta Love Again (perfomed live for first time since 1979)
19. Beautiful Girls
20. Ice Cream Man
21. Panama
22. Eddie Van Halen Solo
23. Ain't Talkin' ‘Bout Love
24. Jump

VAN HALEN's next concert is scheduled to take place this Monday, February 20 at The Palace Of Auburn Hills in Auburn Hills, Michigan, a suburb of Detroit.

VAN HALEN's new album, "A Different Kind Of Truth", sold 187,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 2 on The Billboard 200 chart.

"A Different Kind Of Truth" is the band's first full-length offering with original singer David Lee Roth since "1984" was released in January 1984.

Roth exited the group in 1985, a year after its "1984" album was released. According to Billboard.com, "1984" spent five weeks at No. 2 on The Billboard 200 — VAN HALEN's highest charting set with Roth. (1996's "Best Of Volume 1" hits album, which included two new songs with Roth, debuted at No. 1 with 233,000 sold in its first week.)

VAN HALEN's other four other No. 1s were their four studio albums with Roth's replacement, Sammy Hagar: "5150" (1986), "OU812" (1988), "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge" (1991) and "Balance" (1995).

VAN HALEN's previous all-new album, 1998's "Van Halen III", debuted at No. 4 on the Billboard chart and was certified gold for sales of 500,000 copies, a disappointment compared to their previous platinum efforts.

vanhalenky.jpg

Fever

Reaction score
Looks like a good set list.I have seen some fans complaining about not enough new songs being played.I think four new songs is just about right.I believe most fans go to hear the classic Van Halen songs-not the new ones.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I agree Fever, I would want to hear the tracks off the early and Best VH albums.

Only one song missing I want on the set list...D.O.A. off VH II.(Take Pretty Woman off and put DOA in it's place please and thank you.)

I see my all time fave is slotted at #23...Aint Talkin' Bout Love.:tup:

coltrane2

Musicologist
Reaction score
Hmm, I think they could have loaded it with a few more newies. If not, it's a re-run of the late noughties tour.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Considering David is back, Michael is gone I think they have a good balance. Besides most fans old or new will appreciate the old classic songs, VH is a great live band and I expect fans will be getting a fantastic concert.

They can Always add/remove songs as they see fit, like so many bands do when they are on a long tour after being on hiatus.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Funny... I thought they were opening for Adele? :peek

;)

If I didn't live up here in the Siberia of America I'd definitely catch a show.

Fever

Reaction score
Hmm, I think they could have loaded it with a few more newies. If not, it's a re-run of the late noughties tour.

Seems like a lot fans go to the bathroom or a beer run when a band starts playing the new stuff,

coltrane2

Musicologist
Reaction score
Seems like a lot fans go to the bathroom or a beer run when a band starts playing the new stuff,

Yak, greatest hits fans! Their money and their choice I guess but I prefer to think of my bands as living breathing artists, rather than stuffed dummy nostalgia acts.

I guess it's about balance (no pun intended) but if you're gonna sell copies of your latest album, then surely playing songs from it to impress is a good thing.

I saw Foreigner recently and got really pissed off that they played only one song from Can't Slow Down, which is very clearly their best LP for some 20 years or more.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Staff online