Van Halen kicks off tour. Setlist revealed

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
There are a couple I'd swap out for others but I really can't complain too much about it.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Well you never know, Lynch. They could always come back for an encore to close out the show. ;)

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Why not "Jump"? Because of the synthesizer? How about "Eruption"/"You Really Got Me", or should they go out with a more original song? I see no problem with ending the set with "Jump" honestly. :)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Well being that it was their biggest hit I can't say that I'm shocked to see it as the closer. I mean, if not "Jump" then what?

Fever

Reaction score
Yak, greatest hits fans! Their money and their choice I guess but I prefer to think of my bands as living breathing artists, rather than stuffed dummy nostalgia acts.

I guess it's about balance (no pun intended) but if you're gonna sell copies of your latest album, then surely playing songs from it to impress is a good thing.

I saw Foreigner recently and got really pissed off that they played only one song from Can't Slow Down, which is very clearly their best LP for some 20 years or more.

A newer band might do that,but the older classic rock bands don't do that.I saw Journey last year and they played about 4 new songs and that's it.I don't have any statistics, but I bet most fans are there to hear the old songs and not the new songs.

And Foreigner is one of my favorite bands but up until Can't Slow Down they had only released two albums since 1991-Unusual Heat(with Johnny Edwards on lead vocals) and 1994's Mr.Moonlight

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I don't mind JUMP as a final song. Works well as a party tune to close the night. Looking at the set list, if they didn't end with that, I think a good closer would be ...And The Cradle Will Rock :grinthumb

That would get the crowd pumpin'. Thanks for posting the vid. Pretty cool!

:cheers2

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Yak, greatest hits fans! Their money and their choice I guess but I prefer to think of my bands as living breathing artists, rather than stuffed dummy nostalgia acts.

I guess it's about balance (no pun intended) but if you're gonna sell copies of your latest album, then surely playing songs from it to impress is a good thing.

I saw Foreigner recently and got really pissed off that they played only one song from Can't Slow Down, which is very clearly their best LP for some 20 years or more.

If VH is playing 4 tracks from their new album that is plenty of new material. I mean no matter how good the new record is, and how many copies it sells people are still going to want to hear the best songs VH did.

Not to mention this is a Reunion tour, so fans have not heard David/Eddie playing the standards for ages.

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
The 2007 / 2008 tour was for the greatest hits fans, this is supporting A Different Kind of Truth.

Wish they would announce some UK shows man.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliverevans

Members online