Van halen, hagar or roth?

Guitarplayer1989

Reaction score
Re: The Question Of All Questions

DEFINITLY Diamond Dave! Sammy with Van halen was good and they were more refined, but DLR is what makes van Halen what they are and should be. I saw Sammy in concert and he was good but no one can beat DLR. However, even Sammy is a muillion times better than Gary Sharone.

Reaction score

David lee roth was defiently one of the best vocalists. his voice was just...wow. it just amde all theire msuic so mcuh more explosive and powerful. sammy was good and all, but come on, u can neva compare him 2 DLR.

D

DATM

Are we batting 1000 ????? DLR all the way . In my opinion...they started getting too formulaic when Sammy joined. I liked them when they were raw and still unjaded.

cnbpjb

Reaction score

Kid K said:
I Can't Decide..They Were Both Good

I agree. I actually think both were GREAT!

In my humble opinion, and borrowing from the opinion of the midday dj on Atlanta's Classic Rock station 96 Rock, Fin, from the other day: Unlike many bands that have changed or gotten new lead vocalist, Van Halen didn't either rest on their previous laurels with changing from Roth to Hagar and they stayed very fresh in the change and on that you'd have to give Van Halen (the group that is), a big thumbs up!

Mr Ace

The Monster's Boss
Reaction score

tyler_hannibal said:
Are you kidding it will always be David lee roth he was awesome. sammy hager was a joke.

How Is He A Joke?

Gearjammer

Devout Heathen
Reaction score

Sammy may kknow more about tequilla, but Dave was just the better front man. Granted, he may be an ass, but those VH albums absolutely rocked. Not that the Sammy was bad, I just don't think it was VH at it's best. It just seems that after Sammy, the songs lost that roough edge.

Born to Rock

Electric Ladyland
Reaction score

I agree. It kind of seems like the albums with dave were raw or rough then by the time 1984 the band VH were polished and ready for Sammy and 5150.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online