Van halen, hagar or roth?

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
Re: The Question Of All Questions

Sammy all the way. Maybe DLR had a better voice but Sammy was a better overall package. Love him as a performer. He's fun and he's not sleazy like DLR was. I swear DLR was the original "mimbo."

Nirvanadude

Vinyl Collector
Reaction score

No VanHagar...no, no, NO!!

Sammy was great with Montrose and solo. Just didn't click with me after I anticipated it for months and months back in the 80s! It should have worked. It seemed like a perfect matchup but VanHagar never really did anything for me

DLR was great with VanHalen and as a solo artist

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score

you know, I'll bet Sammy really CAN drive 55.
I'm not so sure about Dave, these days he might need a driver.

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score

Nirvanadude said:
No VanHagar...no, no, NO!!

Sammy was great with Montrose and solo. Just didn't click with me after I anticipated it for months and months back in the 80s! It should have worked. It seemed like a perfect matchup but VanHagar never really did anything for me

DLR was great with VanHalen and as a solo artist
I can understand that point of view. Objectively, DLR was probably a better fit for Van Halen but I think I just love Sammy Hagar and DLR was kind of off-putting for me. Great voice and great stage presence but just a little too...umm...well..."mimboish."

I have a very hard time finding fault with Sammy. The guy is fun loving, a great performer - solo or with any band Montrose and VH, he owns a bar in Mexico and has his own brand of Tequila and wants to subsidize his concerts so he won't have to charge fans to come and see him, he's got a great birthday bash at his bar every year and I think he's just an all round cool guy. Oh and he's got some really cool bikes - custom made ones that are pretty awesome. What's not to like? Well, for me any way. :D

H

halcyon days

DLR. But Montrose ROCKS. My buddy who plays in a band burned a cd for me. I love it. Cool old school rock. :clap:

N

novemberRAIN

david lee roth.

ALTHOUGH 5150 was a good album with hagar.

:)

OCDme123

Reaction score

David Lee Roth by a MILE... Runnin with the devil? that shit is amazing... DLR!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whitewintermarket

Members online

No members online now.