Van halen, hagar or roth?

RockNRollJunkie

Reaction score
Re: The Question Of All Questions

I would have to go with DLR. I wasn't big Hagar fan till I heard Chicken foot and Montorose. Motrose is what Van Halen with Hagar should have sounded like.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
as much as I dispise David Lee Roth I have to say Van Halen was not the same without him. I did buy 5150 and OU812 with Hagar, but nothing beats the Debut album Van Halen and Van Halen II with Roth :)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: The Question Of All Questions

I would have to go with DLR. I wasn't big Hagar fan till I heard Chicken foot and Montorose. Motrose is what Van Halen with Hagar should have sounded like.

I do like Hagar with Montrose and Chickenfoot !! Chickenfoot is an awesome super group.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Sleazy or not Roth was the signature voice of the Original and best line-up. I also prefer Sammy in Montrose or solo, I don't own any of the Van Haggar CD's, they simply are not the same.

Van_Halen_-_Van_Halen_1978-Front-ww.jpg

Van_Halen_1984-Front-wwwFreeCoversn.jpg

I would say from the best their debut album to 1984 represent VH at the pinnacle of their career.

F

FoxyPage

I don't know why people care about how 'sleazy' or 'mimboish' (whatever the heck that means....male version of bimbo?) David Lee Roth was. It's about the music, not how someone acts or looks.

David Lee Roth owns Sammy Hagar, though VH had some good songs with Sammy.

taha

Reaction score
I don't know why people care about how 'sleazy' or 'mimboish' (whatever the heck that means....male version of bimbo?) David Lee Roth was. It's about the music, not how someone acts or looks.

David Lee Roth owns Sammy Hagar, though VH had some good songs with Sammy.

Foxy that is your opinion, don't forget, even Eddie saw the need for Roth to come back........

F

FoxyPage

Um....I don't know why you needed to address my opinion because that is what this thread is all about.....

????

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I think Foxy and you are in agreement Taha...from what I read you both prefer DLR to SH...and I do as well.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online