Van halen, hagar or roth?

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I would never call Sammy "nothing" or a "has-been", Elfranco. Last time I checked he's doing pretty well with Chickenfoot right now.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Sammy is nothing. He has nothing. And will always be remembered as a has-been.

:heheh:...don't hold back Elfranco tell us what you really think with no sugar coating...:hab:

I happen to like Sammy Hagar, when he was in Montrose, his solo career, and now with his latest band as Cosmic mentioned. He is just plain fun rock and roll, no pretentiousness and the only band I didn't really think he fit in was Van Halen, but everyone in the forum knows where I stand on that one.:grinthumb

elfranco

Reaction score
Well, I'll admit my ignorance. Chickenfoot? Name is appropriate. I will also admit to being a hurtful truth teller at times. Lies never get anyone anywhere. If I can't stand Hagar The Horrible, that's what it is for me. His talent is an individual taste which does not happen to appeal to me. This is where opinons are meningless because they are not based on fact but on feelings. Finally, I dare you to APPRECIATE 3 lock box, one of the worst displays or any kind of music in history. When something is good, it's easily recognizable. When something is questionable, feelings get hurt. I have no time to screw around with something like Hagar who ruined VH because they were blinded by the looks of a product and the screaming which masks his vocal ability. I will seek out Chickenfoot just to peer into it. I will know after seconds of exposure as to whether or not is would garner any of my time. I will say what I feel and I will champion the good. Parting note. I am a cancer survivor and I also work in an ICU. I see the possibilities of life and the always near lurking of death. I want to fill my life with what pleases me and I feel I have that right. I made it.:think::nw::woho:

elfranco

Reaction score
I listened to and watched the latest Chickenfoot video from their website. Toneless warmed over riffs from 30 years ago that were bad then. Sammy himself in all his glory need a visit to a tonsorial shop. Nothing new accomplished. Nothing pushing the envelope. The best thing about is that he is not playing the guitar. Now if my opinon hurts someone else. That is how a forum works. I've been on forums all over the next for over 11 years. I have taken my lumps for my views. But at least my views are how I feel and I do not feel as though I owe any explanation (more than I've already made) for my reasoning. So, have a nice day and stop to smell the roses. yes, I am old school when it comes to music. Very old school.

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
Well, I'll admit my ignorance. Chickenfoot? Name is appropriate. I will also admit to being a hurtful truth teller at times. Lies never get anyone anywhere. If I can't stand Hagar The Horrible, that's what it is for me. His talent is an individual taste which does not happen to appeal to me. This is where opinons are meningless because they are not based on fact but on feelings. Finally, I dare you to APPRECIATE 3 lock box, one of the worst displays or any kind of music in history. When something is good, it's easily recognizable. When something is questionable, feelings get hurt. I have no time to screw around with something like Hagar who ruined VH because they were blinded by the looks of a product and the screaming which masks his vocal ability. I will seek out Chickenfoot just to peer into it. I will know after seconds of exposure as to whether or not is would garner any of my time. I will say what I feel and I will champion the good. Parting note. I am a cancer survivor and I also work in an ICU. I see the possibilities of life and the always near lurking of death. I want to fill my life with what pleases me and I feel I have that right. I made it.:think::nw::woho:

Amen:grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I listened to and watched the latest Chickenfoot video from their website. Toneless warmed over riffs from 30 years ago that were bad then. Sammy himself in all his glory need a visit to a tonsorial shop. Nothing new accomplished. Nothing pushing the envelope. The best thing about is that he is not playing the guitar. Now if my opinon hurts someone else. That is how a forum works. I've been on forums all over the next for over 11 years. I have taken my lumps for my views. But at least my views are how I feel and I do not feel as though I owe any explanation (more than I've already made) for my reasoning. So, have a nice day and stop to smell the roses. yes, I am old school when it comes to music. Very old school.

I don't mind your rants, if you ever just say something like "They Suck" and that's it that bothers me no end.

Of course music is all subjective and opinion, I like Sammy and you don't, life is too short for me as well to dwell on things I don't like. Madonna, Prince, Oasis are a few artists that come to mind, so I spend my time on things I enjoy. I very rarely post in a thread just to bash endlessly though, that is not my style.:nw: Not saying you do that Elfranco, I actually enjoy reading your critiques.:D Even if I disagree with you.

As for "Nothing New",,,well considering we are contemporaries what do you expect? There is not really that much new in music since the great composers did their work up to now. A few exceptions but expecting something completely new is not realistic these days. I like Chickenfoot's debut, and judging by the success of the album quite a few people feel the same way.:rock:

elfranco

Reaction score
Och aye, me Lawd! I real statesman you are. Eloquently said. I know we can all dwell in a place with a variey of music. And tolerance is one of the reasons why. I am in total agreement with you about contemporaries. I am not really concerned with anything that anyone can do that's "new". It's just the "presentation" itself, the musicianship, the musicality and the qulaity of what gets done. Let me go on to say that Sammy Hagar seems to want to come across as a "bad" man. Been done and much better. I feel his limits were reached so long ago that he still rides on the glory of I Can't Drive 55 (which is now true of most of us anyway). Another thing though is the guitar. I wish I had learned and may well do so in the future. My son (32 yoa) plays and has done so for over 15 years. He plays well and was in a band etc. But anyone who plays rock guitar must meet certain standards to do it right. Everyone on tis website knows who those palyers are and would list them according to taste and or ability. There have been many axe men/women over the years but I find today that many of the old-timers are still carrying the mantel. They have to. Youngsters are relying on one chord electronics with poor writing and over-producing. I loved it when Clapton recorded a new lp a while bag plugged ritght in like they used to. New players have to hide their in-abilities to much. Not all mind you, but the majority. Well my fellow rock enthusiast, allow me to say thank you for participating here with me. It's indeed a pleasure to disagree with someone who can understand as well as be understood.:cheers2

ecisgod

Reaction score
David Lee Roth in land slide......Hagar can't drive 55 :heheh:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online