Van halen, hagar or roth?

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Re: The Question Of All Questions

Nothin' against Sammy - but gimme David Lee Roth.

Van Halen wasn't the same after Roth.

Van Hagar was good, I like them too.

Chickenfoot is an awesome super group.

:grinthumb

Some of the best stuff out there today.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I like both. When Van Halen became Van Hagar in the mid 80's, I was less than happy about it. 5150 didn't grab me at all. It seemed all too pop-oriented. (it has grown on me since). But when OU812 came out, I was sold. This is a great album and I still find it to be one of the best VH albums

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Here we asking the question.. Hager or Roth..
Van Halen with Alex Eddie David and Micheal was the best formula during the years they were on top..
Trying to replace Dave is like trying to replace any other member in the band.. It changes everything..
DAVID ROTH.. was as much of Van Halen as was all the rest.. plain and simple..
lee.jpg
davidleeroth.jpg

david_lee_roth_eddie_van_halen_575x.jpg

Archon

Reaction score
I've always thought that David Lee Roth was good in Van Halen. To me his voice just seemed kind of recognizable.

rtbuck

Reaction score
My vote goes with David Lee Roth hand down. I was so psyched when I found out Hagar was in Van Halen because I was a big fan of his solo career & solo band especially the Street Machine era which I think is a very underated album.I seen Hagar twice as an opening act back then & he was amazing live. Then one day I walked into work & this younger kid tells me that he has the new Van Halen cassette w/ Sammy Hagar with him & he can't go on enough on how great it was. Oh my god when he put it on I could not believe what I was hearing. I thought it was awful & not what I expected at all. It must've hit a spark with the younger generation back then because it seemed like anyone in that 24 & under age really thought it was da bomb(My wife was also in that group although we weren't dating then)! I thought David Lee had the better album with 'Eat 'em & Smile' & also the better band at the time. I didn't mind some of 'OU812' but I actually preferred Gang Green's 'I81B4U' which came out shortly after.

taha

Reaction score
sometimes the original will always be the best, so look at Brian in ACDC then look what Bruce did for Maiden,,,,,,hmmmm

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Bruce Dickinson took Maiden where D'ianno could not...Brian Johnson did a good job filling in for Bon Scott, but I will always like Bon more...David Lee added the Fun to Van Halen, and they were never as good without him.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Bruce Dickinson took Maiden where D'ianno could not...Brian Johnson did a good job filling in for Bon Scott, but I will always like Bon more...David Lee added the Fun to Van Halen, and they were never as good without him.

True, very true, and very truest. :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online