Unpopular Albums That You Like?

Khor1255

Reaction score
^^Fair enough, I'll probably be the only person here to like it more than Ummagumma studio bit, I like the Live Bit from Ummagumma though. :D
Other than The Narrow Way and Grantchester Meadows I'm not all that big of the studio bit myself. But those two tracks I like way better than Atom Heart Mother. Add the live version of Astronomie Domine (which has one of my absolute favorite Floyd leads in it) and you have a blockbuster to me.

I do really like the song If on Atom Heart though.

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
For some reason and I could easily be wrong here, though when I listen to Atom Heart Mother, I get the impression that it's more Rick Wright's album than Water's or Gilmour's even though the 2 Lengthy tracks on it were credited to the entire band, I don't mind "If" & "Fat Old Sun", though Wright's "Summer '68" seems to have more of a connection with "Atom Heart Mother" for me in terms of the instrumentation with the Brass sections coming into the song. I think in those circumstances the other tracks haven't got that which makes me wonder what their trying to do cause to me the opening 24 minute track kind of applies a theme in the music generated and having songs which then apply similar instrumentation in the process creates a themed album. :D

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Two unpopular AC/DC albums I like are Fly On The Wall and Blow Up Your Video. Whilst the production sense they are average albums, musically they each have some pretty decent songs. Under rated albums although not as criminally under rated as Flick Of The Switch. That album gets more listens from me than Back In Black which is often beaten to death.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Two unpopular AC/DC albums I like are Fly On The Wall and Blow Up Your Video. Whilst the production sense they are average albums, musically they each have some pretty decent songs. Under rated albums although not as criminally under rated as Flick Of The Switch. That album gets more listens from me than Back In Black which is often beaten to death.

Not that familiar with those two Accadacca albums, but I'm sure you would find it amusing Rattlehead that I just bought my first copy of "Back in Black" a month ago...I resisted all these years but when I saw a new HQ vinyl edition I took the plunge.:hb:

Almost all of ACDC's catalog is available on new vinyl, I'm sure Angus has something to do with that.:tup:

Here's one that I just thought of, Queensryche's "Operation Mindcrime II", the sequel to their legendary concept album. Many people think it's a disappointment when compared to the original...whilst I can agree that it's not quite as good as the first one, it is a good record. And I like the fact they finish the story too. The biggest void in Mindcrime II is obviously Chris Degarmo's absence. Still I play them back to back and enjoy the whole experience.

824.jpg

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Better picking it up late than never. :heheh:
I need to give Mindcrime II a listen, I hear nothing but negativity about it but you seem to give it a bit of a good word, I don't expect it to possibly trump the first album but Ill be willing to give it a listen.

Phantasmagoria

Reaction score

"Fly On The Wall" & "Flick Of The Switch" are actually my two favourite AC/DC albums! I prefer them to the staples like "Back In Black" & "Highway to Hell" (I also slightly prefer Brian Johnson to Bon Scott .. hehe..). I thought "Blow Up your Video" was excellent...so was later stuff like "The Razor's Edge" & even "Ballbreaker".

Anyway, unpopular albums I like would be..

..anything by Yngwie (lol!)

Testament's "The Ritual" & "Low"

Nuclear Assault's "Something Wicked This Way Comes"

Flotsam & Jetsam's "Quatro"

Maiden's "The X Factor" (Songs off it sound especially great live with Dickinson singing them..:D)

Manilla Road's "Out OF The Abyss" (Sure, it was a departure for them, but what an AMAZING departure!)

Napalm Death's "Harmony Corruption"

Nocturnus's "The Ethereal Tomb"

Crimson Glory's "Astronomica"

All GREAT albums as far as I'm concerned..

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I have the Crimson Glory album Phantasmagoria but it's been ages since I played it and my memory is going as I get older...:peek

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
^^Fair enough, I'll probably be the only person here to like it more than Ummagumma studio bit, I like the Live Bit from Ummagumma though. :D

You are not alone AHM is better than ummagumma and i will take both those albums over "the wall"

As far as unrated albums I'm assuming you mean by popular groups ?
The who-who sell out and odds & sods
Rolling Stones-their satanic majestic request
Ten years after- Alvin lee and company
Dead- anthem of the sun and history of the dead

And of course all gong albums :)

And tonight I should be listing my top 75 albums of 2012 plenty on there no one listens too ;)

gorgon

Reaction score
Almost all of ACDC's catalog is available on new vinyl, I'm sure Angus has something to do with that.:tup:

I've always wanted to get a soild vinyl collection. Posts like these push me so very close to the cliff.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online