Unpopular Albums That You Like?

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Problem with Fly On The Wall and Blow Up Your Video is their production really. I like the songs on them but Fly On The Wall lacked real quality that Flick of the Switch had and Blow Up Your Video sounded a little sterile in the mix. The Razors Edge and Ballbreaker are definitely better and more popular albums same with Stiff Upper Lip. Glad you love the Brian era too it definitely cops too much flack.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
On Rocka Rolla I don't think that album was unpopular compared to the likes of Turbo or Demolition. Those 2 albums garner plenty of disdain but Rocka Rolla just seems to be under rated or under the radar more than anything.

Tucking Fypo

Australian rocker
Reaction score
Fall Out Boy.........
Only pop punk I actually like.

I also thoroughly enjoy AC/DCs Blow Up Your Video as well as U2.

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
By Numbers - The Who
Islands - The Band
Black and Blue - The Rolling Stones
In Through The Out Door - Led Zeppelin
Back To The Egg - Paul McCartney and Wings

HELLS BELLS

Reaction score
I too like Blow up your video, though mainly because of 'Two's up' one of my most favourite DC songs. blows me away everytime.
love 'In through the out door' tho i never thought of it as unpopular before.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Picked up a copy of "Octave" a couple weeks back at Free Cloud records, played it and it's in great shape.:D This one got a lot of "stick" from critics who hated it, it didn't really do very well sales wise for the Moodies either, who were in turmoil at this point in their career.

But I like this album and always have, Stepping in the Slide Zone is one of my fave Moody Blue's songs.

41zHnQ4ZJ5L._SL500_SS500_.jpg

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
^ I agree. Octave is almost as good as the first seven classic albums. Steppin' in a Slide Zone deserves to be on their best of compilations.

Reaction score
Here's three:

ZZ Top - XXX
ZZ_Top_-_XXX.jpg
The Marshall Tucker Band - Long Hard Ride
marshall_tucker_band-long_hard_ride-front.jpg

Green Day - Warning:
2ynsbqu.jpg

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I too like Blow up your video, though mainly because of 'Two's up' one of my most favourite DC songs. blows me away everytime.
love 'In through the out door' tho i never thought of it as unpopular before.

Probably unpopular through many Zep fans but I agree that album is enjoyable.

Albums like Never Say Die while I still from an objective stance think its a poor album it is one that kind of grew on me a bit.

Metallica Load and Reload have grown on me a lot actually because back in the day I judged them too often compared to their earlier classics but as blues rock type albums they actually pack some real underrated gems on them such as King Nothing, Unforgiven II, Better Than You, Fixxxer, Until it Sleeps, Mama Said, Fuel, Carpe Diem baby, Bleeding Me. I don't like The Memory Remains or Low Man's Lyric at all though.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Staff online

Members online