Unpopular Albums That You Like?

Jonny Come Lately

The New Kid In Town
Reaction score
I do like the sophomore Dire Straits album Communique, which almost invariably gets poor ratings from critics and is widely dismissed as boring. This album contains one of my absolute favourite Straits songs, Single Handed Sailor, while I also consider Where Do You Think You're Going? and Once Upon A Time In The West to be amongst their best. I like the other songs (I do think the title track drags on for too long without going anywhere much, but it's not really bad in any way) and I think the album is well paced so the slower songs are spread out - I certainly don't find the album dull or uninspired and it's lovely to play it on a warm summer's evening.

I would contrast this with the more critically and vastly more commercially successful Brothers In Arms, where I think Your Latest Trick and Why Worry? are not that exciting as individual songs, but positively soporific in combination.

tkitna

Reaction score
QmRGmiMi6FlGXe7HJb52q76iCnfn7KdogLauYj8tJVMsfJfLqG.jpg

'Audio Visions' rocked in my opinion, but it kind of gets a bad name for that whole 80's Kansas thing.

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
Led Zeppelin - Presence

Van Halen III

Wishbone Ash - Noveau Calls

Deep Purple (Third MK 1 album)

E-Z

Reaction score
LOVE- FOUR SALE from 1969

Usually dismissed by the music critics compared to LOVE'S previous album FOREVER CHANGES which is universally regarded as a "Masterpiece" and there finest album LOVE FOUR SALE finds Arthur Lee fronting a new version of the band LOVE which was made up of x3 white hippies playing more in a 'acid rock' style and consequently heavier than the previous band. Also the FOUR SALE album has some decent songs on it and a lot more electric guitar and was apparently a favourite album of ROBERT PLANT of LED ZEPPELIN back in the day.

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online