U. F. O. (Official Thread)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Re: U. F. O.

One of my faves from UFO and I think the intro wouldn't go amiss on an early Wishbone Ash. :)

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

Loving that tune Sox, that album was different from the first two but was very good, hard to better imo :)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

I think it's my fave UFO album Sweat .. solid all the way not a duffer on it IMO.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

Yeah you are probably right, I just love the first two albums, me and my prog and all that:) this album is a belter tho:)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

I agree DKW three solid albums and yeah Sweaty you are right the prog feel does have it's own merit ,, infact I'm gonna get my earphones and wade into some UFO later.

Rockperson

Reaction score

UFO from 1974 to 1978 were awesome, they made great albums, had a distinctive sounding vocalist and for me the best melodic rock guitarist in the mighty Schenker.

Phenomenon had the classic but overplayed Doctor Doctor, the incredible guitar on Rock Bottom and the brilliant album closer Queen Of the deep.

Force It was my favourite UFO album, probably my all time favourite guitar album, Let It Roll, High Flyer, Out In The Street and my personal favourite Between The Walls, all featuring blistering, melodic guitar playing of the highest order.

No Heavy Petting had the incredible opening track Natural Thing, I`m A loser, Belladonna, Reasons Love, On With The Action and Martian Landscape, brilliant stuff.

Lights out was another cracking album, Too Hot To Handle, Try Me , Lights Out, Gettin` Ready, Electric Phase and the wonderful Love To Love.

Their last classic studio album from their peak years was Obsession, Only You Can Rock Me, Hot `N Ready, Cherry, You Don`t Fool Me, One More For The Rodeo and Born To Lose, all great songs with yet more great guitar.

Strangers in The Night is widely regarded as one of the best ever live albums.

matsellah

Chicago Boy
Reaction score
UFO is pretty much my all-time favorite band. They were headlining my second concert, back in 1977 (Cheap Trick in support) in Hammond, Indiana. I have Force It as their best album and I too, think Strangers In The Night is the best live hard rock album ever recorded. More than just the songs, it's the intensity and musicianship captured that continues to have that work included in just about any live album ranking.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
I listened to the first UFO 1 album, mind-blowing. Never knew they did play such a brilliant heavy psych in the early days. The bass is one tasty piece of brilliance.

Boogie

C'mon Everybody

Come Away Melinda

Come Away Melinda is in my opinion much better version than what Uriah Heep did.
:bow:

cover.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online