U. F. O. (Official Thread)

Schmetterling

Reaction score
Saw 'em at Glasgow Apollo in 1978 with Schenker just before he left, and again in '79 with that bloke from Lone Star who came in as Schenkers replacement.

The '79 show was a bit disappointing for obvious reasons.....no Schenker, no flying V etc....

darklands

everything's broken, and my Stacys are soaking wet
Reaction score
Strangers in the Night 2020.... - maybe that'll kick-start this thread!
£45.99 on Amazon - may have to wait a while....
Anyone care to suggest any good tracks from their later output (post 80s - I know, some would say post-70s) - I just think their songwriting and Phil's voice have gone downhill.

E-Z

Reaction score
Strangers in the Night 2020.... - maybe that'll kick-start this thread!
£45.99 on Amazon - may have to wait a while....
Anyone care to suggest any good tracks from their later output (post 80s - I know, some would say post-70s) - I just think their songwriting and Phil's voice have gone downhill.
UFO?. Obviously there 1970s stuff from Phenomenon in '74 with 'Metal Mickey' on the Gibson Flying-V (axe) through to the American/Japanese guitarist Atomic Tommy K but you probably knew all that.

From the re-formed UFO of the 1990s didn't they come back with a album called Walk On The Water or something like that(?) then a bunch of cds of UFO, Phil Mogg & Paul Raymond solo stuff during the late 1990s and 2000s.

darklands

Reaction score
They've done a number of albums, couple with Michael, couple with other guitarists, and then Vinnie Moore - they just don't seem to hold up as good albums - they just seem too self-aware, trying too hard - the 'old magic' seemed to have gone. I keep dipping into the later stuff, trying to find that one 'lost album', but never for long. Walk on Water, Covenant and Sharks were all with Schenker - re-recording old tracks is often a bad sign IMO (à la Springsteen, latest album). Mogg and Way did Edge of the World and Chocolate Box(?). I'll have another try of the later Schenker stuff....

Reactions: E-Z

E-Z

Reaction score
Those were the early 2000s albums that I bought but couldn't think of there names Covenant & Sharks plus Paul Raymond released a couple of solo albums back in the 2000s as well all of which I bought but don't have anymore (I wish I kept them).

Also Pete Way formed his own 3-piece heavy rock band and released a number of Pete Way albums during the 2000s. I bought Pete's Amphetamine cd.

Last edited:

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
Walk on Water, Covenant and Sharks were all with Schenker - re-recording old tracks is often a bad sign IMO
Interesting... :think: For me Walk on Water is one of their strongest albums, and a new versions of Lights Out and, especially, Doctor Doctor, sounded much more powerful and mature, than 70's originals.

darklands

Reaction score
Interesting... :think: For me Walk on Water is one of their strongest albums, and a new versions of Lights Out and, especially, Doctor Doctor, sounded much more powerful and mature, than 70's originals.

I shall persevere....! - hopefully come back with some positive experience. (I was never that keen on Doctor Doctor anyway)
You don't mention Covenant or Sharks....
I need to give the Waysted albums a bit more of a try too

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online