U. F. O. (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
A smokin' track from one of my favourite UFO albums Obsession.

Ain't No Baby

I love the melodic beginning and middle section to this track. A great hard hittin' tune all around!

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I have just noticed there is a new album called Seven Deadly. I gather the lineup is Phil Mogg, Paul Raymond, Andy Parker and Vinnie Moore. The reviews seem positive.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Listened to Seven Deadly once earlier ..starts out with a couple of strong rockers and then slows down a tad for most the rest of the album. I liked it first go..have to give it another try soon to see how much I really like it. I will more then likely purchase it, maybe even on vinyl. The Vinnie Moore line up is by far my favorite that does not include Michael "the man" Schenker.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I think I would've been more interested in this if Michael Schenker was involved. UFO and Schenker have done some good things apart, but they did their best work together.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Wow yeah!!! Good thing I saw this post. I missed any news about a new CD!! Thanks for the info Big Ears and DKW!! Here's the cover...

51IYEcvXtmL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
^^It's a good album ,MP. I'm sure you will like it, I remember you said that you like the last two, when we were talking awhile back. This one is on par with those two, IMO.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Dude I've been looking at it..and yes, I'm going to order it sometime this week or early next week. Need to get the new Eluveitie which Best Buy is carrying...but NOT a new UFO??? :bonk:

Whatever...Amazon or Barnes & Noble here I come! :heheh: :grinthumb

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out what critics were on about Phenomenon. It's a great album, just played it 3 times and all tracks are great. Also found out it's been remastered with previously unreleased bonus tracks. I would definitely add them and take out some others from the original track listing in 1974.

Sixteen

Give Her The Gun (including live)

Sweet Little Thing

Woah... brilliant! Bernie Marsden plays on Give Her The Gun and Sweet Little Thing. Possibly the only recordings with him on guitar.

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I've always liked Phenomenon myself MP, where do you rate Lights Out on your UFO list?

I have to say though, their cover art is terrible, one of those bands who's music Inside the jackets deserved a little more creative effort on the packaging.

I know it sounds funny, but I actually think the cover of "Stranger's In The Night" is the best of them as far as UFO goes, and it got nothing but stick from people as one of Hipgnosis's worst covers.:peek

:heheh:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32