U. F. O. (Official Thread)

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
^^^ Dam Dude.. I've never heard that album.. I like!! I used to get into UFO many moons ago.. But I started out with this album..61ZfJi2L9uL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
I obviously didn't go back far enough..:grinthumb

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
^^ I'd love to get their first two albums, but it's not gonna be easy, as the success in UK and US in the early days was very poor. So I hope for a poor condition album I can buy. :heheh:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
^^ I'd love to get their first two albums, but it's not gonna be easy, as the success in UK and US in the early days was very poor. So I hope for a poor condition album I can buy. :heheh:

I think you uncovered a Gem there Nololob.. Looking back through this thread I believe you are the only one to mention this first LP.. You get the Big Man prize Brotha!!:bow::bow::bow:

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
I was looking back the same way and haven't found any mention of this album, so I was like "noooo way! :wtf:"

I wonder how's Mick Bolton doing, the guitarist of the early UFO. There is not much information about him. He had a different style of playing than Schenker, but I dig it.

Here are two other astonishing guitar and bass pieces.

Shake It About

Timothy

Last edited by a moderator:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I was looking back the same way and haven't found any mention of this album, so I was like "noooo way! :wtf:"

I wonder how's Mick Bolton doing, the guitarist of the early UFO. There is not much information about him. He had a different style of playing than Schenker, but I dig it.

Just doing a couple of checks.. This is his closing paragraph in a write up he did.

Mick Bolton: Biography

"Since the early 1990s I have worked mainly as a solo musician/singer/songwriter performing in Scandinavia, Europe and the UK. And right now I'm enjoying playing my own compositions in music venues in the south of England along with Phil Little and Matt Novis on drums and bass. I usually include a couple of Mott The Hoople and Dexys songs as well as some very original takes on songs by some of my musical heroes. I will be adding some of my own songs to my Music page soon.

I also play regularly in various hotels on the south coast of England. The music has to be more middle-of-the-road to suit the hotel guests but even here I manage to put my own slant on the music I play - which makes it enjoyable for me and the audiences are very appreciative of this."

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
It's not him. Mick Bolton you mentioned plays keyboards and was not in UFO. :tongue:

Khor1255

Reaction score
I love this era of UFO. Treacle People, Timothy and Prince Kajuko Returns are dynamite songs. I bought it in a bargain bin back in the 80s. Talk about bargian! I never even knew this stuff existed since we always only ever heard the Schenker stuff in the 70s and early 80s.

I was going to do a write up on the first album but since people don't really seem interested in critique I guess I'll leave it for someone else.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Just finished listening to Flying album. This is just one, massive jam all the way through. I also enjoyed the 26 and a half minutes piece album title. The opener Silver Bird is fantastic.

Silver Bird

Flying

Front.jpg

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
Amazing band. Strangers in the Night is one of my favourite albums.

As you can see from the sig, going to see them in April, seen them twice before and Schenker once. Got to meet the man a few years back on his come back tour when he played tiny venues in obscure places. Incredible show.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online