Tori Amos (Official Thread)

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more with that! It doesn't bother me so much that I'd leave the track of a personal tracklist though. :heheh:

:heheh: I've always found making concise versions lots of fun though, especially for long rambling albums.

I especially like my version of the Beekeeper. Original Sinsuality makes a beautiful opener to the album and there are some stunning tracks in what is overall a somewhat lackluster album... stuff like the atmospheric electronica of the title track, the sombre tribute that is Toast, the sheer beauty of Sleeps With Butterflies, the epic Mary's Of The Sea... and so on.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
If anyone is interested, here is the concise version of the Beekeeper that I listen to:

1. Original Sinsuality
2. Sleeps With Butterflies
3. The Power Of Orange Knickers
4. Jamaica Inn
5. Barons Of Suburbia
6. General Joy
7. Parasol
8. Mother Revolution
9. Cars And Guitars
10. Ireland
11. Martha's Foolish Ginger
12. The Beekeeper
13. Mary's Of The Sea
14. Toast

I find myself enjoying the album much more with this tracklisting.

No Witness?

maybe like this?
1 Parasol
2 Sleeps With Butterflies
3 The Power of Orange Knickers
4 Jamaica Inn
5 Barons of Suburbia
6 General Joy
7 Mother Revolution
8 Ribbons Undone
9 Cars and Guitars
10 Witness
11 The Beekeeper
12 Martha's Foolish Ginger
13 Original Sinsuality
14 Marys of the Sea
15 Toast

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
So, I picked up the new album the other weekend and although it's never going to be amongst my top favourites - not by a long chalk - I do like it, especially the wonderful title track Unrepentent Geraldines. Other favourites are Wedding Day, Wild Way, Trouble's Lament, Maids of Elfen-Mere, probably in that exact order, and honourable mention to Wild Way and Oysters. I know I'm going to sound horrible saying this but the song Promise would have been amongst my favourites were it not for the fact I really don't warm to Tori's daughter's voice, sure she's a good singer, but her voice just kind of irritates me, especially on the chorus. Oh and what's with Giant's Rolling Pin - bleurgghh - definitely a skip-over track for me!

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
No Witness?

maybe like this?
1 Parasol
2 Sleeps With Butterflies
3 The Power of Orange Knickers
4 Jamaica Inn
5 Barons of Suburbia
6 General Joy
7 Mother Revolution
8 Ribbons Undone
9 Cars and Guitars
10 Witness
11 The Beekeeper
12 Martha's Foolish Ginger
13 Original Sinsuality
14 Marys of the Sea
15 Toast

Almost missed seeing your reply to me! Wish this forum would keep unread posts as unread. :uh:

Your tracklisting is also pretty cool. I just was never that impressed with Witness. It always came off as a plodding tune in the middle of the album that I sometimes used to skip.

PS: Just remembered. I wrote a message to you on your profile quite some time back. Doesn't look like you have seen it. :)

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
Was listening to The Beekeeper this morning on my way to work... the original CD, not my revised tracklisting! :gig It is actually not that bad of an album. It is just a bit conservative and has a lot of mellow, pensive, more mature numbers. It doesn't have anything as fiery or crazy as Precious Things, Professional Widow, Waitress etc. But it does have a lot of beautiful songs.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
That was great! I also have no problem with the vocals! She sounds very much like her Mom! I also like the video! The chemistry is very sweet! :)

I agree. Nice to see Tash all grown up and singing with Tori. Didn't like it much on the last album but really like this song.

Look forward to meet Tash in two weeks. She is running the mech table at the US shows this tour. :)

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Creep!

Great two NYC shows at the Beacon this week.
Tonight we had second row all the way to the left so it was actually front row now seats in front of me. When Tori was at the alternate keyboards she was looking right at me. Great covers tonight as she did Radiohead's Creep and In your Room-Depeche Mode. Great version of Suede, Marianne, I i e e e, Space Dog.

14726939468_9d034b7145.jpg

14726875180_a00745eda0.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Members online