Tori Amos (Official Thread)

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
I pretty much like the whole album now! Several favourite tracks... too many to list, without making it look like the entire tracklist! :woot:

That said, I'm not all that fond of:

1. Natashya Hawley's voice :peek It is not terrible or anything but I prefer Tori's voice. The 'be there, be there, beeee there' gets a bit annoying.

2. The repetition on Wild Way. This is only a minor complaint though. It is a short song with repeated lines. Maybe she could've fleshed it out a bit more.

3. Maids of Elfen-Mere doesn't have much substance to it. But I still like it for what it is.

Kinda warming up to Rose Dover now.

Late discovery of brilliance: Oysters. Lovely track!

Black Dahlia

A Seasoned Witch
Reaction score
I've been a Tori listener since Little Earthquakes. I haven't liked any album (only certain songs) since The Beekeeper (2005), until Night Of Hunters (2011) and I like this new one, too!

Having said that, though, I am not interested in hearing her daughter sing on a Tori Amos album. Nothing personal... I'm just a bit "put off"by it.

I can't really figure out the words to describe it... I just don't like it when a successful singer includes his/her child on their recordings. Kind of makes us a "captive" audience for what isn't necessarily a talented performer.

I love Tori Amos the artist, not the mother... I can relate to the artist side of her, but I am repelled from her when she does this, both on NOH and UG.

Last edited:

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
I haven't liked any album (only certain songs) since The Beekeeper (2005), until Night Of Hunters (2011)

Yeah, those albums were all mixed bags. I didn't even bother listening to Abnormally Attracted To Sin after hearing a couple of underwhelming initial singles. In my opinion, all those albums suffer from 'excess' syndrome... 20 odd songs completely filling up the 80 min of a CD. As a result, even filler material like Fat Slut and Witness made it through.

This reminds me of the time I tried to construct a concise version of American Doll Posse. The album does have some great songs! You just have to wade through all the filler. I managed to dig up the tracklisting...

1. Big Wheel
2. Bouncing Off Clouds
3. Digital Ghost
4. You Can Bring Your Dog
5. Mr. Bad Man
6. Girl Disappearing
7. Secret Spell
8. Code Red
9. Roosterspur Bridge
10. Beauty of Speed
11. Almost Rosey
12. Velvet Revolution
13. Dark Side of the Sun
14. Posse Bonus
15. Smokey Joe
16. Dragon

There, that's a lot easier to handle.

Last edited:

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
If anyone is interested, here is the concise version of the Beekeeper that I listen to:

1. Original Sinsuality
2. Sleeps With Butterflies
3. The Power Of Orange Knickers
4. Jamaica Inn
5. Barons Of Suburbia
6. General Joy
7. Parasol
8. Mother Revolution
9. Cars And Guitars
10. Ireland
11. Martha's Foolish Ginger
12. The Beekeeper
13. Mary's Of The Sea
14. Toast

I find myself enjoying the album much more with this tracklisting.

Black Dahlia

A Seasoned Witch
Reaction score
I want soo much to love American Doll Posse, but I also found the need to create my own ADP:

Bouncing Off Clouds
Digital Ghost
Secret Spell
Father's Son
Code Red
Roosterspur Bridge
Beauty of Speed
Almost Rosey
Dark Side of the Sun
Miracle

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
That is even more concise than mine! :heheh: In hindsight, I actually agree about keeping Big Wheel off the album. What was that milf thing all about?? :wtf: But I do enjoy everything else about the bouncy little number.

Where's Miracle from? Bonus track?

Black Dahlia

A Seasoned Witch
Reaction score
Miracle was a download-only bonus track, limited availability from iTunes at the time ADP came out.

iTunes was 128 kbps at the time. Unfortunately, due to it's limited availability status, I can't upgrade it to the current 256 kbph.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
That is even more concise than mine! :heheh: In hindsight, I actually agree about keeping Big Wheel off the album. What was that milf thing all about?? :wtf: But I do enjoy everything else about the bouncy little number.

To each their own I guess, but I really like "Big Wheel".

And hey, about the milf thing.... just telling it like it is. :D

Last edited:

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
Miracle sounds pretty good, Black Dahlia! :grinthumb

To each their own I guess, but I really like "Big Wheel".

And hey, about the milf thing.... just telling it like it is. :D

Actually aside from the whole WTF-ness of the "I am a M-I-L-F don't you forget" line, I too like Big Wheel. It is very difficult to decide what to include and what to exclude sometimes when one is making revised tracklists.

But the thing with Tori during that era was... some tracks just felt like she was experimenting and using controversial wording just for the sake of it. Fat Slut is one such weird example. Granted, it is just a short little track in the middle of the album. But my point is, none of this comes close to lyrics such as "so you can make me cum doesn't make you Jesus". That kinda stuff made us sit up and take notice! :D

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
But the thing with Tori during that era was... some tracks just felt like she was experimenting and using controversial wording just for the sake of it. Fat Slut is one such weird example.

Couldn't agree more with that! It doesn't bother me so much that I'd leave the track of a personal tracklist though. :heheh:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online