Tori Amos (Official Thread)

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Great two NYC shows at the Beacon this week.
Tonight we had second row all the way to the left so it was actually front row now seats in front of me. When Tori was at the alternate keyboards she was looking right at me. Great covers tonight as she did Radiohead's Creep and In your Room-Depeche Mode. Great version of Suede, Marianne, I i e e e, Space Dog.

14726939468_9d034b7145.jpg

14726875180_a00745eda0.jpg

Sounds like a great gig and it certainly looks like you had a great view :omg: Wow, that photo with Tori looking directly at you - most have been a very special moment! :bow:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Happy 51st Birthday To Tori Amos
tumblr_mrxu72VcFF1r7nqxlo1_500.jpg

As a bonus for fans here's the top to Covers that Tori has done of her recent tour! :grinthumb

The 10 Best Cover Songs from Tori Amos's Unrepentant Geraldines Tour (Link)
tori-amos-radiohead-creep.png

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Thanks for the great thread @Soot and Stars. Very informative with great contributions from all. :grinthumb Don't know how I managed to miss this thread for so long. :rolleyes:

From what you say it sounds like you have a comprehensive collection of her work. I have all her albums on cd or vinyl, but none of the EPs or bootleg series that you mention. Also the book you mention looks very interesting. It looks like I have quite a backlog of stuff to get.

^^ One of the most amazing women on the planet. Happy birthday, Tori :bow:

100% agree :tm:

recgord27

Reaction score
Honestly, this is going to be as involved asa making a Smashing Pumpkins thread because while both have long productive careers with tons of material and limitless takes on the material. Both have a legacy that is involving BUT Tori is waaaay more complex. Besides what I've absorbed I have the internet and this as reference:

Tori Amos:piece by Piece
(Written by Tori herself with the aid of music journalist Ann Powers)
piecebypiece.jpg

I've read this book and it's a great read but it shows that if I was to give you a complete story on Tori I would, well have to write an online book. I'll be simply making an visual/audio outline which afterwards will hopefully make the uninitiated and unfamiliar want to explore even deeper. At that point, I strongly recommend the above book! :grinthumb

Got hold of a copy of the book and can also highly recommend it. Written in a non-linear style, with plenty of insights, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Essential reading for the Tori fan :grinthumb

recgord27

Reaction score
okay Soot and Stars, Tori Amos which album first please.:bow::grinthumb
Hey @joker1961, I'd start with the latest first. Probably in the order, my favourites are -

Unrepentant Geraldine
Scarletts Walk
The Beekeeper
From the Chiorgirl Hotel

Heck man, all of her albums are f'n fantastic once you get them. Enjoy

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom