Top Ten Phonies

newdawnfades

Reaction score
Okay, I thought you were done, now you are going back again. What is it Rev? If I address your above point are you going to leave again? I just want to know if you are going to waste MY TIME.

Oh, and I think Prince said directly that he wasn't singing those songs because of his religious beliefs. He says, and I say it, yet I am now the one judging. This is the same thing that happened with that guitarist from Korn. They have to announce that they are turning their back on their music because of 'religious convictions'. They don't just DO IT, but they have to announce it to everyone. Anyone remember Notch's little 'announcement' on the other forum? Whose got an agenda here?

Last edited:

Martin Q. Blank

The Happening
Reaction score
Reverend Rock said:
Consider this for a moment. Sure, "Get Off" and "Cream" are not problematical songs for adults who are in control and capable of making informed and intelligent decisions about their sexuality. I have no problem with that. But look at how much influence Prince has had on an entire generation of artists who are marketed to a decidedly young audience of people who are not yet ready to make such decisions (decisions that have the potential of bringing children into the world, we should remember). These kids are constantly being inundated with all sorts of sex-obsessed themes in media (not to mention their own exploding hormones). And they don't have the education or the emotional maturity to make responsible choices. And it all results in thousands of unwanted pregnancies, hundreds of date rapes (and these are only the "reported" ones), and untold emotional scarrings that haunt people for their entire lives.

I don't necessarily buy that...just as I don't buy that kids commit suicide because of Judas Priest songs or burn down houses because of "Beavis & Butt-head" episodes.

algernon

Reaction score
Reverend Rock said:
NDF, this is not about "giving an artist less freedom to create". This is about an artist who has chosen, voluntarily, to impose his own limits based on a new assessment of his responsibility to his audience. Quit talking like this is censorship. It is not.
And that's the bottom line. What exactly is there to argue about in this anyway? Should Prince be CENsored from expressing himself here?

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
algernon said:
And that's the bottom line. What exactly is there to argue about in this anyway? Should Prince be CENsored from expressing himself here?

No, he shouldn't. I think we were arguing that it was a bad choice. I was arguing that sex = good.

newdawnfades

Reaction score
algernon said:

Excuse me? Did this discussion NOT CHANGE to "where should WE DRAW THE LINE??" Do you understand the difference between WE and HIM? Please read the discussion before you horn in with 'the bottom line'.

algernon

Reaction score
newdawnfades said:
Excuse me? Did this discussion NOT CHANGE to "where should WE DRAW THE LINE??" Do you understand the difference between WE and HIM? Please read the discussion before you horn in with 'the bottom line'.
I read the "discussion." I can't for the life of me figure out what this has to do with TOP TEN PHONIES. Did you read the subject before you began this little tirade about Prince? Can you enlighten me as to the connection? Oh: and I'll horn in whenever I like.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online

No members online now.