Administrator
Reaction score

Tool-Band-Picture.jpg

Official Website
Wikipedia

Formed - 1990
Genres - Alternative metal, progressive metal

Band Members
Danny Carey – drums, percussion (1990–present)
Adam Jones – guitar (1990–present)
Maynard James Keenan – lead vocals (1990–present)
Justin Chancellor – bass (1995–present)

Studio Albums
Undertow (1993)
Ænima (1996)
Lateralus (2001)
10,000 Days (2006)

The Grudge

Stinkfist

Schism

Vicarious

Now any of you classic lovers like Tool.

I think Maynard James Keenan is one hell of a talented song writer. Tool and his other band (a perfect circle) are very good.

What do you all think?

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
Re: Tool...

Didn't like Tool very much until recently. Mostly gave them a second listen to just because of Keenan's band A Perfect Circle - which I really like.

Still prefer A Perfect Circle but am learning to have an appreciation for Tool. Any recommendations on which albums are the best?

pooldude

Older than Dirt
Reaction score

Of all the newer Prog meets Metal / Hard Rock bands...Tool remind me the most of the rambling, wild psychedelic instrumental jams & introspective lyrics that I used to hear back in the old San Francisco / Haight Ashbury days.

In a lot of ways, Tool remind me of "Wheels of Fire" era Cream...not the Bloozy Cream, but the studio recordings of "Passing the Time" & "Deserted Cities of the Heart" & "As You Said"...

My favorite Tool album is Aenema. Check out this wild video for the title track:

Edit - Dead video and broken image removed - Riff Raff

mojoman

Reaction score

I just picked up 10,000 Days today. It's worth the 10 bucks just for the packaging even if there were no cd inside. I like the album a lot.

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score

Adam Jones the guitarist for Tool is one of my favorites. Nobody has perfected the nounce of controlling feedback since jimi hendrix. He invented a chord that is featured in the song "sober" during the intro that has been dubbed the "tool" chord. Also Adam Jones used to be in a band with Tom Morello. Danny Carrey is one of if the not the best drummer of his generation. He is either kepping one of the most solid, hard hitting 4/4 time you have evere heard or switch back and forth between 3 different time signatures in one song. Vicarious IMO is the song that any drummer who things they are an elitist should KnoW how to play. Maynard Jones Keegan one of the more distinctive vocalists and chevelle's frontman as well as breaking benjamin's have huge influence from maynard. IMO Tool is one of the most talented bands ever to walk the face of the earth. Some of their stuff is so progressive/complex many people especially who are not musicians can not appreciate thier skill. Finally in a day where mp3s have taken over Tool still has the best album artwork out there

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I am a big fan of Tool Greg, although I don't have the expertise to explain the subtleties of their musical skill the way you just did.

I just like their music, it reminds me of the great innovative bands of the late 60's early 70's, done in their own unique style of course.

Grunge

Grotesque Perversion
Reaction score

What stands in the way is Maynard's voice. When I saw them live I got into the performance and not the music.

rockgoddess1968

Reaction score

The only album I own is Lateralus and a bootleg concert from 2007. I really like them though and really must order 10,000 days.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

My first exposure to Tool was when a friend who was a car salesman.. and a big time metal fanatic gave me "Undertow" he got it out of a cd on a trade in.. He said I might like it more than him.. He was right..
I Love Tool.. Bought ****** and enjoyed it just as much as anything else these guys put out..
I suggest picking up "Saliva"
9065b220dca0ad9196e27010.L.jpg

Loved the Cover of "No Quarter" they did..:grinthumb

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score

I Love Tool.. Bought ****** and enjoyed it just as much as anything else these guys put out..
****** is awsome. Real raw and real tight - even the live cuts. Or should I say... especially the live cuts!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online