Tool (Official Thread)

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Re: Tool...

****** is awsome. Real raw and real tight - even the live cuts. Or should I say... especially the live cuts!

:heheh: I like the way cold and ugly starts off.. Get that Bob Marley wanna Be..Beep Beep outa here..:grinthumb

flipflop

Prisoner of rock'n'roll
Reaction score
Re: Tool...

I've got the albums and I've seen them live in '01 and '06 - the '01 show was beyond awesome, everything clicked for 'em! :oy:

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
Tool

Tool to me is a progressive rock band. They have generally long epic songs with many parts, time signature changes( this makes it sound like thier can be multiple songs in one), and have an electic sound at times.

They do the loud to soft or soft to loud formation as well as anybody. They have arguably the most talented frontman, ( Maynard James Keenan) ( Did you know he has done stand up comedy?) guitarist (Adam Jones) and drummer (Danny Carey) to come out in the last 20 years. They put on a great live show with a top of the line light show. My ownly issue with them is they take a long time between album releases. Like right now I am craving new Tool material, but have to keep waiting. There are a lot of Tool impersonaters ( Breaking benjamin and Chevelle come to mind) but ther is only one Tool.

Here is my favorite song by the band

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: Tool

I much prefer the less complex melodic rock of A Perfect Circle but James Maynard Keenan is just a versatile genius with an often copied but never matched vocal quality. Beautiful singer who takes his music to a deeper realm. My favorite Tool song will always remain

Sober.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

I found out about Tool during the mid 90's. A friend of mine was a car lot salesman and he gave a Tool cd (Undertow) that he found in a trade in car.. He didn't like them but I sure did..
They sorta reminded me of a more pumped up version of the Doors..
I've ended up buying a few Tool cd's.

10,000 day's
Aenima

But I have to say my favorite is "Undertow"

The video's were a trip..I forget who did the claymation for those..
But to me the Band is top notch..:grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Like them as well, I think I have all of their official releases. One of the most impressive bands of their era in my view.:cheers:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Lateralus is my favourite Tool album :)
tool_lateralus.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads